My husband and I just returned from Sandals Whitehouse and can't stop talking about it. Yes, there's a 90 minute bumpy ride from the airport but you can't let it stop you from visiting. The drivers know what they're doing so just relax and take in scenery and culture. Upon discussing the resort with various guests, everyone complained about the ride... don't let it ruin your trip, it's Jamaica!
Everything was perfect at this resort...from the friendly staff to the beautiful room. All rooms are beachfront here. We had the most difficult time choosing a room and ended up in the Honeymoon Beachfront Penthouse (Club Level). LOVED this room. 4th floor of the Dutch Village worked out perfectly for us. We enjoyed being high up, as it did rain a bit each day and we were able to sit on our patio without getting soaked. The room included a couch, chair, desk, comfy bed with a flat screen tv. The bathroom was a bit different than expected- 2 sinks with a large whirlpool tub and then through a set of doors you find a walk-in shower and toilet. Small but fine. Our minibar and liquor was refilled daily; we were even able to ask for extra of certain beverages and less of others. Everytime we left the room, we'd return to find a freshly made bed and fresh, clean towels.
We loved being in the Dutch Village as it was in the center of the property. To the right we had the French Pool which had music, a swim up bar and pool volleyball (LOTS of fun). Poolside bed-type lounges were always occupied. Bluefield's Restaurant is located here- the only restaurant on this side. The lobster & mashed potatoes were amazing and the sound of crashing waves was awesome during dinner.
Our Dutch pool was calm, relaxing and our favorite. Although there was no swim-up bar or music, the sound of the ocean was perfect. The bar is a few steps away from the pool which is no big deal at all. Toward our left was the Italian Village. There's a large hot tub facing the beach as well as beachfront full of water activities. Kayaking, Paddle Boarding and much more! No reservations needed, we were always able to do anything whenever we wanted. The Italian pool was large with a great swim up bar, music, entertainment and beach views. The hot tub faces the entire pool and beach. ** This resort is all about the pools. Although the beach offers an extraordinary view, it's terrible for swimming. Rocky and full of foliage, shallow, cloudy and no waves. **
This resort serves all top-shelf liquor. The food is pretty good and you can order anything you'd like. We ended up ordering room service for breakfast every morning, as it was included with our room. For lunch, we ended up at Guiseppe's for pizza due to timing, but we really didn't like it that much. Pizza only for lunch (ignore the dinner menu) and it's nothing great. Along the beach you'll find the Jerk Pit which we really loved. We heard the pork was great but only tried the chicken - phenomenal! Eleanor's was our favorite. The food was superb and they brought us different rum shots and little teasers to taste. Neptunes was beachside, good seafood/chicken. Cafe de Paris was a wonderful stop for treats, coffee, etc. Overall, we were really impressed with the dining options and didn't even have a chance to try everything! No reservations needed so you can even hop around and try apps at one place and entrees at another.
There's tons of entertainment here. We went to the theatre every night and got to see some amazing shows. Our favorite was the Silver Bird Steel Pan Drums- exquisite. After the shows, don't miss out on the Casablanca Martini Bar. Phenomenal drinks and entertainment. There was a live jazz band, karaoke and an after party with a DJ and great dancing. There was a beach party one night with creative entertainment... we really had so much fun!
We enjoyed a massage/facial at the Red Lane Spa. We didn't plan on taking advantage of the spa but were super glad we did. It was a lovely way to spend some time together.
Overall, we loved this trip. We chose not to leave the resort but if you plan on doing any excursions, keep in mind that many of them are hours away. We've already been looking into booking our next Sandals vacation but we're having trouble choosing as Whitehouse was such a blast. Special thanks to Kenoi who greeted us with cold towels and lead us to the club for check in. Everytime we ran into him on the grounds, he was all smiles and happy to answer any of our questions. Clive introduced us to our room and was so kind and informative whenever we needed anything. We met our concierge, Allen on the last night of our stay. He knocked on our door and surprised us with a belated anniversary cake which was incredibly thoughtful. Geraldine really made pool volleyball a blast and was part of the amazing entertainment committee that threw the beach party.
Although we'd like to check out other Sandals vacations, we'll most definitely be back to Whitehouse. <3 Thanks to everyone there for making it such a special anniversary for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com and Expedia so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica