“Wonderful Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa

Save Saved
You added Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Westmoreland | Savanna La Mar, White House 5000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in White House
“Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Our 6 night stay at Sandals Whitehouse was just terrific!!! From check-in to check-out the staff went above and beyond to make us happy.
Due to a gross oversight by our incapable travel agent, our traveling companions were booked in the French Village and we were in the Dutch. Within minutes, the front desk made a phone call and had us in adjacent rooms in the Dutch Village. Of course, we were thrilled!
Special shout-outs to Geraldine, Prince, and Akillah of the entertainment staff. They always did their best to make us feel welcome and special.
Another special team member was Natasha from the wait staff of Bayside. Whenever we had the pleasure of having her serve us she was so cheerful and accommodating.
The four of us thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2013

4,478 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,236)
Anniston, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

From the moment we arrived at the Montego Bay Airport, the Sandals staff began pampering us and didn't stop until we left for home. We were escorted into the beautiful lounge at the airport for a brief wait before the bus left for the resort. No, it isn't that bad! The drivers know what they are doing and it gives you a rare look at the interior part of Jamaica. We booked a Honeymoon Penthouse room and on arrival, the staff asked if it was really our honeymoon, and on finding out it was gave us an upgrade. Overall, I cannot imagine a more beautiful beach, room, or gardens. After staying a week, my new husband and I agreed that the staff made the experience even more special. Mr. G. was a delight. Oshane at Eleanor's made my husband's birthday meal extra special. Natasham (I think this is the correct spelling) kept our room spotless and was so very sweet to talk with. Trevon took the most beautiful pictures in the world and was so nice to us. We stayed in the Dutch Village in a concierge room(well worth it). We had a corner room with extraordinary views. The Italian Village is closer to restaurants/shops but noisier at night. The French Village is the furthest, but had our favorite pool. We were right in the middle and loved it. There were always plenty of beach chairs and the resort never felt crowded. The food was OUTSTANDING! All in all, we would return and not change a thing. Beautiful beaches, great food, and the nicest people on the planet!

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Whitehouse last December for a week and we are already re-booking for this coming December, but this time around we will be staying 10 nights. It will be our 5th Sandals resort and 4th time to Jamaica (not including cruise stops).

I must say, Whitehouse is truly a magnificent work of art. The beach is wonderful and the resort staff are incredibly friendly. The resort itself is relatively new and well designed. The age demographics are older, which suits us fine. It's a really nice mix of 30 - 50 crowd, so there's a nice balance.

Don't be intimidated by the drive from the airport to the resort, depending on the driver, it can take as little as 70- 90 minutes. Plus it's an interesting drive as you get to see how the locals live, etc.

The nightlife is by and large more subdued, but again it all depends on what you are looking for. The Entertainment is very good and we enjoyed every performance.

Room choices vary depending on your personal tastes. We stayed in the French Village poolside and didn’t opt for the Concierge/Butler, it's really not needed. If you like to stay closer to the dining and action, then stay in the Italian. The Dutch village is located mid-point. The French pool is more secluded and quieter vs the main pool. Food and beverages are always at arm's length no matter where you are.

The food is great, we enjoyed every meal! Here's a tip, most restaurants don't require reservations, so if you want to have some fun, restaurant hop, do an appetizer here, another appetizer over there, main way over there, and finish up with a desert at the café! It makes for dining fun, and your getting your exercise in between courses :)

Just relax and enjoy.

Room Tip: If you are considering the French Village, make sure you book in building 1 and 2, don't book 3...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We loved this Sandals Resort! This was our second sandals trip and also our honeymoon. My husband and I weren't sure which resort we wanted to go to; however, there was no stress in planning as we used Joanne from Beach Bum Vacation! She sent us some question to answer and narrowed down our search! Joanne made everything smooth and easy which allowed me to enjoy my time with the husband. Because we used Joanne we actually did an excursion -- we did ziplining at YS Falls. I never, ever would have had guts to booked something like this, but Joanne was so helpful I felt more comfortable actually trying something while on vacation. I would recommend this to anyone (even if you don't like heights)! The 2 guys that lead the experience were fun, safe, and made you feel welcome. Whitehouse had an amazing staff that was great to hang around and made you feel like family. My favorite part overall was probably the jerk chicken (yum! not the same in the states), and the 2 or 3 peacocks struting their stuff around the resort.

Room Tip: Ocean views are awesome, and at Whitehouse --- everyone gets and ocean view!
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The bus ride was not bad, it was adventurous and the bar at the airport was a nice oasis after the journey. The bus driver offers a bathroom break and you can ask questions along the 1&1/2 hour ride. I found it to be a great look at the real Jamaica. When we arrived it took a little bit to get shown to our rooms but. We were in a grand room with other couples and were greeted off the bus with cool clothes and fruity cocktails. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The bathroom was a basic tub/shower. The mattress was a little firm for me. Every night you have turn down service. We had a stocked fridge....always... With juices, sodas and waters. The baths had full size complimentary lotion, shampoo and conditioner that I loved from their spa. A little disappointed they were made in china though. The people were amazing, so happy, energetic, talented, alive and fun! Without the staff the experience would have been less than half as good. I mean that. Keralee, prince and the others were great. The bartenders were fast and the drinks were out of this world. Everyday and night they had activities and entertainment, good stuff! The pools had plenty of floats and the beach had plenty of cabanas/chairs. Dining was great, Eleanor's was my fav. Bring comfy sundresses and flats. Wear bug spray on the beach, I mixed my. Sunscreen and bug lotion after I got eat up by sand flies. Never hurt, itched or knew I was bit but found circles all over my body. The nurse onsite( no charge) examined me. I recommend taking the 9am glass bottom boat, by 1pm the winds kick up and the 2pm ride gets cancelled. Don't know why they won't do an 11am trip rather than 2pm. I had great Internet access all over the resort and beach, face timed my children and kept in touch while lying in paradise with a big bamboo. Why favorite drink. I can't wait to go back. Loved, loved, loved it. They brought us cake for our anniversary too!

Room Tip: I think that I will have a butler room with walk out next time. It was no problem being on the third...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This was our first Sandals experience, and we could not be more satisfied with it. Sandals Whitehouse had everything we expected and more. The food was great, the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. The resort offered plenty of space, and did not feel crowded, there were always chairs available on the beach and by the pool. The grounds around the entire resort are beautifully manicured, and full of wildlife, we miss the peacocks nightly song. I completed my PADI open water certification with the help of the resort dive shop (an extra cost), and I enjoyed the included scuba diving every day after that. Every day after the morning dive, I would meet my wife of the beach and enjoy the rest of the day, lounging by the ocean, eating jerk chicken (a must have!), and dining outside in the beautiful weather. Most nights there was some sort of event or entertainment, which was always fun and lively.

A special shout out to our concierge Sheldon, Shadae and the other ladies in the pastry shop, and Nicardo, "Usher" and the rest of the fellas at the dive shop.

A couple of tips:

Book a concierge room, it comes with a few extra amenities that the regular rooms do not, like the in-room mini fridge and top shelf alcohol, a personal concierge, and 24 hour room service.

People mention the bus ride from the airport. Yes, it's 1.5 hours, not because of great distance, but because you are driving through the mountains. Yes, it's bumpy at certain points, but the road department is constantly working in that area in it looks like it's improving. Besides, anybody who thinks those roads are bad have never been to New Jersey. :) My advise is, if you are prone to car sickness, medicate yourself, that's what my wife does and she was absolutely fine.

We are currently looking into booking another trip to Sandals Grande St. Lucia for next year, we can't wait!

• Stayed June 2013
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My wife and I got married and had our honeymoon here. It was absolutely incredible and I couldn't ask for anything better. The scenery was beautiful, the service was incredible (read the next paragraph) and the atmosphere was unbelievable.

It rained on our wedding day. At the time, my wife and I were pretty down about not having the pictures and video that we wanted. However, Trevon, one of the videographers (who I would HIGHLY recommend) personally set up a wedding retake (he even got a reverend to redo the ceremony!). We got the amazing shots and video that my wife and I had dreamed about for so long. It cost us absolutely nothing extra and the video and pictures were priceless. I couldn't ask for more and Trevon really went out of his way to make us happy.

Sandals Whitehouse hosted so many events and there were so many things to do at the resort.
Overall, I would highly recommend Sandals Whitehouse. I hope my wife and I can make it back for an anniversary one year!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa? Share your experiences!