“Amazing Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa

You added Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Westmoreland | Savanna La Mar, White House 5000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$335 Instant Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
Miami, Florida
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

It was the best vacation. My husband and I think about our trip whenever we are stressed. It relaxes us just to think or talk about it. We enjoyed everything about the trip. The restaurants are good specially Neptune. The people were friendly, cheerful, and hospitable. We will definitive go back and recommend it to all of our friends.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,331)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We picked this resort because of the scuba diving. We were not disappointed. Everything was included, the dive masters were very good, very nice. We were new to diving so I was a little nervous and told told them so. they were very supportive and would check with me underwater frequently to make sure I was OK. Everything about this resort is great. It is a beautiful property, very clean, nice staff lots of swim options. there was never a fight to get a chair on the beach or by the pool. we were in off season but that was what we wanted. Seafood was limited based on season. We were hoping for lobster but was not able to get. They stated only march/april. I only gave location a 3 because it is a 1 1/2 hour bus ride to resort. For those of you who get car sick or can't take a lot of rides at an amusement park (like my husband) I would suggest a Dramamine before you go. It is VERY twisty/turny. If your unsure have something to puke in just in case. My husband had to use our scuba mask case. A bit funny for me not so much for him. LOL Anyway The only other thing is one of the sights said it had Captain morgan as a premiere drink but it did not. I did not like the local rum which is your only other option for rum. I stuck with absolute brand vodka of which had several flavors. Can't wait to go back to sandals.

Room Tip: We picked the rooms furthest from the main area. Big mistake unless you like to walk a lot. We met...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time a few weeks ago and this resort is great. It has fantastic evening entertainment- including white night which has lots of chocolate involved! Cafe de Paris is a must whilst you're there too! We stayed in a Butler Suite & I have to say, it's most definitely worth paying that bit more- absolutely faultless. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013
Antioch, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nothing a miss on this vacation! We celebrated our 10 year at Whitehouse and everything was outstanding. I was a little worried when reading reviews that the resort might be too quiet or relaxing, because my husband and I are outgoing people. It was the perfect mix of everything! We stayed in the French village which was perfect for us with the volleyball and swim up bar. Yes the French village pool was the happening spot but not too loud or rowdy. French is also furthest from most restaurants but we loved the exercise(which we needed to work off all the food and drinks). We didn't have one bad meal there! Food was excellent and so were the drinks and deserts. I would love to go back, but since this was our 1st Sandals, we are already planning a trip to a different Sandals location. Once we have hit them all, then I will definitely return.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I were married and stayed 10 nights total at Sandals Whitehouse in March. Overall, we were very pleased with our entire stay, and our wedding was totally stress-free. This was our first time in Jamaica and at a Sandals resort. Having read many reviews, we opted for Whitehouse because it seemed to be a bit more remote with expansive beaches, and that's exactly what we found - the beach was INCREDIBLE! Many reviewers complained about the bus ride to the resort, but we thought it was a lot of fun...the drivers make the trip repeatedly and know every curve and bump in the road. The restaurants were all great - I can't recall any meals that we weren't totally satisfied with. We also loved the activities and took advantage of the gym, yoga room, tennis court, basketball court, sand volleyball, sea kaiaking, snorkeling...and I'm probably missing some. The bars all had friendly service and great drinks - I recommend the Jamaican Smile...kept me smiling on many days. We didn't have issues finding lounge chairs on the beach, there were plenty to go around. The pools were all great and each has a different vibe and it was fun to experience each. Bottom line, this was a trip we will certainly never forget!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just returned from Sandals Whitehouse. I have been to two other Sandals-Sandals Regency La Toc in St. Lucia and Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma. My husband and I enjoyed the Whitehouse-fantastic beach, nice rooms and I love the fact that all rooms have a sea view. I also found that the service was amazing-no issues at all. And the variety of entertainment every night was excellent-always something to do. We also liked the fact that you didn’t have to make reservations at any of the restaurants!

The only thing that bothered us was that to me it didn’t feel like a Sandals-the food was good but not as good as other Sandals that I have been to. I know people who go to Sandals Whitehouse over and over again and I just don’t see why. Don’t get me wrong-the food is good-just not up to Sandals standards-at least in my experience. It also didn’t “feel” like a Sandals-felt like any other Jamaican 5-star.

Even the Sandals Select dinner (the dinner that returning Sandals guests are invited to) was just ok-and the choice of lamb and fish as the entrée was unusual-there were people at our table of 10 who couldn’t eat either one…..they went to the buffet after the dinner!

The other issue we had is that they do not enforce the dress code at “Eleanor’s” restaurant. Men were to wear long pants, no jeans, a collared shirt and closed shoes-at least that’s what they told us when Sandals checked us in-we saw men in jeans, wearing flip-flops, etc. If you have a dress code it should be enforced!

On a more positive note, the staff were truly excellent and more than willing to assist in any way. We enjoyed our week, made many new friends, but would not go back to Whitehouse-I think Sandals Emerald Bay in The Exumas, Bahamas is truly the Sandals to beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We're happy to read that your stay, overall, was quite enjoyable. It's great to know how much our wonderful staff made an impression on you during your stay. As many of our return guests have seen, every Sandals experience is different and we pride ourselves on the unique approach to luxury that each individual resort offers.

With that being said, we always strive to offer amazing vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas and for that we apologize. Our General Manager has been in contact with you regarding your concerns and staff members have been reminded of the importance of enforcing the dress code and the importance of consistency when offering luxury dining experiences.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We hope that you will afford us a chance to welcome you back to Sandals Whitehouse or to any of our esteemed resorts in the future.

Cassie C.
Concord, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first experience at a Sandals and it was out of the world! The staff was friendly and helpful. The bartenders were entertaining and so full of life at the swim up bar. The entertainers were AWESOME! we loved the nightly entertainment! Our room was beautiful and had a great view. The food was great! I am not sure why others have rated the food low, or said they did not have large portions, I did not find either case! When we were there, there was a tropical storm off shore that stirred up the water most of the days, but it was clear by the end of our trip! I would recommend going on the Appleton Rum Tour and Black Ricer Safari. These were so much fun and you get to see the Jamaican culture. The drive is not that bad. Yes the roads are not in the same condition as other countries, It was worth the drive!! I will warn you, the only beer they have is Red Stripe. But hey, you're in Jamaica, why not? WE cannot wait for another Sandals Vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa? Share your experiences!