“Amazing resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa

Save Saved
You added Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Westmoreland | Savanna La Mar, White House 5000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
$105 Early Booking Bonus!
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in White House
“Amazing resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for the first time a few weeks ago and this resort is great. It has fantastic evening entertainment- including white night which has lots of chocolate involved! Cafe de Paris is a must whilst you're there too! We stayed in a Butler Suite & I have to say, it's most definitely worth paying that bit more- absolutely faultless. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed June 2013

4,433 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,220)
Antioch, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Nothing a miss on this vacation! We celebrated our 10 year at Whitehouse and everything was outstanding. I was a little worried when reading reviews that the resort might be too quiet or relaxing, because my husband and I are outgoing people. It was the perfect mix of everything! We stayed in the French village which was perfect for us with the volleyball and swim up bar. Yes the French village pool was the happening spot but not too loud or rowdy. French is also furthest from most restaurants but we loved the exercise(which we needed to work off all the food and drinks). We didn't have one bad meal there! Food was excellent and so were the drinks and deserts. I would love to go back, but since this was our 1st Sandals, we are already planning a trip to a different Sandals location. Once we have hit them all, then I will definitely return.

Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I were married and stayed 10 nights total at Sandals Whitehouse in March. Overall, we were very pleased with our entire stay, and our wedding was totally stress-free. This was our first time in Jamaica and at a Sandals resort. Having read many reviews, we opted for Whitehouse because it seemed to be a bit more remote with expansive beaches, and that's exactly what we found - the beach was INCREDIBLE! Many reviewers complained about the bus ride to the resort, but we thought it was a lot of fun...the drivers make the trip repeatedly and know every curve and bump in the road. The restaurants were all great - I can't recall any meals that we weren't totally satisfied with. We also loved the activities and took advantage of the gym, yoga room, tennis court, basketball court, sand volleyball, sea kaiaking, snorkeling...and I'm probably missing some. The bars all had friendly service and great drinks - I recommend the Jamaican Smile...kept me smiling on many days. We didn't have issues finding lounge chairs on the beach, there were plenty to go around. The pools were all great and each has a different vibe and it was fun to experience each. Bottom line, this was a trip we will certainly never forget!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I just returned from Sandals Whitehouse. I have been to two other Sandals-Sandals Regency La Toc in St. Lucia and Sandals Emerald Bay in Exuma. My husband and I enjoyed the Whitehouse-fantastic beach, nice rooms and I love the fact that all rooms have a sea view. I also found that the service was amazing-no issues at all. And the variety of entertainment every night was excellent-always something to do. We also liked the fact that you didn’t have to make reservations at any of the restaurants!

The only thing that bothered us was that to me it didn’t feel like a Sandals-the food was good but not as good as other Sandals that I have been to. I know people who go to Sandals Whitehouse over and over again and I just don’t see why. Don’t get me wrong-the food is good-just not up to Sandals standards-at least in my experience. It also didn’t “feel” like a Sandals-felt like any other Jamaican 5-star.

Even the Sandals Select dinner (the dinner that returning Sandals guests are invited to) was just ok-and the choice of lamb and fish as the entrée was unusual-there were people at our table of 10 who couldn’t eat either one…..they went to the buffet after the dinner!

The other issue we had is that they do not enforce the dress code at “Eleanor’s” restaurant. Men were to wear long pants, no jeans, a collared shirt and closed shoes-at least that’s what they told us when Sandals checked us in-we saw men in jeans, wearing flip-flops, etc. If you have a dress code it should be enforced!

On a more positive note, the staff were truly excellent and more than willing to assist in any way. We enjoyed our week, made many new friends, but would not go back to Whitehouse-I think Sandals Emerald Bay in The Exumas, Bahamas is truly the Sandals to beat!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Cassie C, Sandals & Beaches Review Coordinator at Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
We're happy to read that your stay, overall, was quite enjoyable. It's great to know how much our wonderful staff made an impression on you during your stay. As many of our return guests have seen, every Sandals experience is different and we pride ourselves on the unique approach to luxury that each individual resort offers.

With that being said, we always strive to offer amazing vacation experiences and anything less than perfect calls for improvement on our part. It seems we did not meet your expectations in a few areas and for that we apologize. Our General Manager has been in contact with you regarding your concerns and staff members have been reminded of the importance of enforcing the dress code and the importance of consistency when offering luxury dining experiences.

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. We hope that you will afford us a chance to welcome you back to Sandals Whitehouse or to any of our esteemed resorts in the future.

Cassie C.
Concord, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This was my first experience at a Sandals and it was out of the world! The staff was friendly and helpful. The bartenders were entertaining and so full of life at the swim up bar. The entertainers were AWESOME! we loved the nightly entertainment! Our room was beautiful and had a great view. The food was great! I am not sure why others have rated the food low, or said they did not have large portions, I did not find either case! When we were there, there was a tropical storm off shore that stirred up the water most of the days, but it was clear by the end of our trip! I would recommend going on the Appleton Rum Tour and Black Ricer Safari. These were so much fun and you get to see the Jamaican culture. The drive is not that bad. Yes the roads are not in the same condition as other countries, It was worth the drive!! I will warn you, the only beer they have is Red Stripe. But hey, you're in Jamaica, why not? WE cannot wait for another Sandals Vacation!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

What can I say...the people at Sandals Whitehouse continue to surpass our expectations!

When we arrived this year for our annual vacation in May we were met by Shawn from Consierge Service who escorted us to the Consierge office where we were "welcomed home" with a lovely cocktail and lots of hugs. We were upgraded to a consierge room and immediately made to feel very special. When the staff learned that this trip was our 8th visit just to Sandals Whitehouse alone, they couldn't believe it and made us feel very special and as though we had "come home". This sentiment was echoed by much of the staff throughout our week stay. We have been told that we are officially "Jamericans" because we have been to Jamaica so many times.

We first visited this beautiful resort just after the grand opening in 2005 and have been hooked ever since. We have seen many wonderful additions and improvements to the property since our first trip but one key element remains the same and that is the wonderful staff at this resort.

We are so fortunate to have met so many wonderful employees over the years. Diving is a enjoyable part of our vacation and my husband typically dives daily. Several years ago we had the pleasure of meeting Jackie who works the counter at the dive shop. We see her every year and get a big smile and hug when she sees us coming. Roderick is the dive shop manager and Alton is one of the dive boat captains and they all just can’t do enough to ensure that you have a wonderful experience! This year we met Caveda who was working the outside bar by Neptune’s. She made the most amazing margaritas with muddled fresh orange and kept them coming all week. One of the most awesome things about SWH is the staff....whether it is someone cutting the grass or someone carrying a tray of food, absolutely everyone smiles, says hello and asks you how your vacation is going. The people at this resort are a main reason why we keep coming back!

We had the opportunity to meet with Mr. G this year. He is the General Manager and can be found at all hours day or night with no job too big or too small for this guy. I don't think this guy ever goes home! It's always nice when the GM stops and talks to guests to find out how their experience is going.

The food was absolutely wonderful. Eleanors is one of our favorite restaurants and we had the Red Snapper and Filet both nights that we dined there. These meals were seriously one of the best we have ever eaten. Eleanors is well known for their filet and they certainly delivered again this year! Melt in your mouth like "butta"! Guiseppi's is also a favorite and we just love their brick oven pizzas especially late in the afternoon! This year we were surprised by the beautiful improvements made to Bluefield's which is now open for dinner as well as lunch. They added more seats and landscaping and it is just beautiful sitting right on the ocean. What a lovely, lovely spot to sit and dine and watch the beautiful ocean just steps away!

The grounds of this resort are absolutely beautiful, kept meticulous and decorated with firepits and lots of outdoor oversized seating and umbrellas creating a "Pottery Barn" feel to these areas....so nice! Honestly I don't know that it gets better than this place!

Here's the thing about Sandals and especially Whitehouse....they know how to do things right and they know how to treat their guests. Both of our children have also been married at Sandals resorts and their weddings were amazing!

So you see we have a deep seeded love affair with Sandals, especially Sandals Whitehouse and with the people there. We can't wait to go back again next year and we say enough about how fabulous this place is. After 8 trips it just keeps getting better!!

Room Tip: All rooms are beach front rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We had a nice time at Sandals Whitehouse for the most part. The bus ride from the airport to the Resort is ROUGH though! I would choose the Dutch village if I knew what I know now also. It has a quieter pool and is closer to all the restaurants. The French Village that we stayed at is nice. But it is more of a party pool. So it can get kind of loud at times. There is a volleyball net in the middle of the pool. So it is set up more for crowds. The food was great at the resort. Our favorite was Bluefields. They are certainly not stingy with their drinks either. Tip: Take your own insulated mug. They will keep it full of any drink you want.

Room Tip: I would choose the Dutch Village if I returned. It has a quieter pool area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa? Share your experiences!