First let me say that my husband and I have gone somewhere tropical every year in January for the past 12 years. When my boss kept raving about this property, my husband and I decided to go there for his 50th birthday. We could not afford the tremendous jump in price for a butler or concierge suite so we opted for the Luxury Beachfront room. Well, first of all was the horrendous drive from the airport was very bumpy and nauseating. At check in, I told the front desk that we wanted to upgrade and was told not today but maybe tomorrow. I also let them know it was my husband’s birthday on Friday and I wanted a cake for him delivered to the room. They said no problem and wrote it in their book of special occasions. So, we got to the room and it had a fridge but no beer. So, I asked for some beer and was told that would be another $100 a day. What a rip off. When I went down to the front desk the next day, to check on the upgrade they said not today, maybe tomorrow. This continued everyday until I gave up. The day before and day of my husband’s birthday, I checked on the cake and was told it would be there. It never came. Additionally, I was charged $43 for internet access that rarely worked and was not give a refund until I asked to speak with a manager. This place nickels and dimes you for every little thing. The thing they do best is making the resort look nice in their TV commercials. I would never visit this resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica