Sandals Whitehouse 2013
Our second perfect Sandal’s Whitehouse vacation started with our travel agent Ornella Storey from CWT in Burlington Ontario. We have been to all the Sandals in Jamaica and Whitehouse wins hands down. St. Lucia and Antigua Sandals are also wonderful but the beach at Whitehouse has them all beat. We are looking forward to the opening of the new Grenada Sandals.
The Sandals Team here has it all together. During our stay the resort was at 100% capacity but you would never know it. Not until the returning guest dinner did we ever see a crowd of people or a line up! Always chairs available on the beach and drinks were fast coming with a great friendly staff in all areas. One issue in this area is that we found it strange that a country that supplies a lot of bananas, the Bars were always out of bananas for some of their signature drinks by 1pm? The second is for a top spa resort, they do lack proper pedicure stattions.
Starting from the top, the new General Manager was always out and about with the guests making sure things were good and even seating people at breakfast. Glenroy, the Director of Butler Services who was charged by our travel agent with ensuring there was no repeat of the vacation fiasco at the Royal Caribbean in the past, was always there and made sure that everything was perfect. Our Butler Team of Kamar and Omar were great to say the least and worth the extra money for the room and the personal service. A great “experience” can be had at the Spa with friendly professionals tending to your every need.
The food was outstanding, fresh fruit (except bananas), the most tender meats and full flavor and presentation only available at top quality restaurants. You could not walk by any staff member without a smile and good day greeting. There is a mile long wild beach for the real wilderness beach walking experience. Best of all, this new resort had hot water at all times! Some work on the road into the resort, some sea grass removal and the creation of a Butler Lounge.
All in all a perfect vacation, a few little issues as always, but immediately addressed as soon as they were made aware. We have regained our confidence in Sandals again. A little patience and a good travel agent who has your best interest at heart always make for a great vacation and already thinking about our 2014 vacation.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Sandals Whitehouse
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.