Excursions very pricey as the resort is a 2 hour drive from everything. Booked the horseback riding at the whitehouse. When we booked, island tour girl informed us the excursion may not happen as not enough people had signed up. Said she would call the next day to confirm. There was no call so we assumed the trip was off. When we checked out, they charged us for the excursion. Got some attitude from the island tours rep but her boss removed the charges. Must have been a miscommunication and good thing I asked for a copy of the final charges.
When we arrived at the resort we were pleasantly surprised by the grounds, the property is absolutely gorgeous although very dark at night. Told we would receive an upgrade but at the room we found we did not receive one. Room had a weird smell.
As the week went on, we became increasing concerned with the hygiene standards of the resort. The public spaces were often unkempt and the bars all had a rotten fruit/garbage smell with no sterilizing system for the cups! With so many travellers from all over the world, I was totally shocked by this. ummm, hello health canada! I would expect this from cheaper resorts but by no means from sandals.
We also found the service around the resort extremely slow. One night it took us 2 hours to get through dinner. I understand the whole laid back vacation attitude but felt service took too long. We were not overly impressed by any of the food. However, we really enjoyed the Neptune’s restaurant and the Giuseppe’s pizza. We also tried the chocolate crepes from the bakery and they were great. Found the drinks they mixed way too full of alcohol.
When they stocked our fridge, they left 2 bottles of water and when we asked for more it took at least 2 hours to get it. I guess we felt a little ``unimportant``. We didn’t expect to be treated like royalty but it being our honeymoon we did expect to be treated a little better.
Do your research, ask around and dont be taken by the sandals name.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the undiscovered. Journey to a forgotten Jamaica where the natural beauty is simply unforgettable. Within a 500-acre wilderness preserve, blue mountains, lush palm groves, pristine coastlines and shimmering turquoise waters create an unbelievable backdrop for a monumental resort. Sandals Whitehouse Europe Village & Spa perfectly blends the exotic allure of the Caribbean with the refined elegance of Europe.Charming Italian piazzas and fountains are surrounded by gardens resplendent with fragrant foliage, while three European-inspired villages – Italian, French and Dutch – are home to luxuriously-appointed, all oceanfront rooms and suites. Each one offers magnificent views overlooking the two-mile long beach, and top tier suites come with Sandals’ legendary Butler Service. Seven restaurants serve mouthwatering gourmet cuisine from around the world, and entertainment ranges from a sophisticated piano bar to bonfire beach parties and a chic nightclub. This resort is truly a world unto itself, where time is all but forgotten and the only moment is now.World Travel Awards:Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All – Inclusive Company”, 16 years in a row.Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand,” 18 years in a row.Sandals Whitehouse “Jamaica’s Leading Spa Resort”Five Star Diamond Award, American Academy of Hospitality Sciences. We’re so very pleased to announce that Sandals Whitehouse European Villages & Spa has been named in Condé Nast Traveler’s Voted 2012 Readers' Choice Awards “Top 15 Hotels & Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No. 10 and “Top 30 Resorts in the Caribbean,” coming in at No.4 as part of the annual “Best in the World” poll. Presented Certificate of Excellence for 2012 and Travelers' Choice Hotel for 2012 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Whitehouse European Village Hotel Whitehouse
- Whitehouse Sandals
- Sandals Whitehouse Jamaica