“LOVED Whitehouse and its workers!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa

You added Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa to your Saves list
Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Westmoreland | Savanna La Mar, White House 5000, Jamaica   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up To $335 in Air Credit!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in White House
San Antonio, Texas
“LOVED Whitehouse and its workers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

I took my girlfriend to whitehouse for a week and had a wonderful time. The experience was one I will never forget. Most impressive was its employees. Everyone must visit the swim up bar and get a drink from my friend Copeland! Garth and the others there did a wonderful job but Copeland was ENTERTAINING and just a great guy! Kevin at the Dutch bar was my girlfriends favorite and was a very sweet young man. The drinks were first class and they know how to make every drink known to man. The food was awesome and Elanores was our favorite. The water arobics was great and very fun. Snorkling was excellent and scuba was amazing. Ok, I could go on and on about our vacation but it would take hours to explain it all. Peaceful is just the tip of the iceburg. If you want to party....its the place....if you want to have peace.....its the place......if you want great food.....its the place......if you want luxury....its the place! What more can I say but......YA MON! If you go.......Copeland can hook you up with some great drinks! Tell him Raaaja (Roger)...and Beeecky said hi! LOL Loved our trip! We will for sure be back! PS The little girl that lead most of the activities is excellent and I think her name was Joan. SO CUTE!

Room Tip: You cannot get a bad room here!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,604)
the midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

Been to all Sandals but Antigua and the New Exuma property and this one is by far our favorite! (LOVE MANY THINGS about all of the Sandals properties, like the service and upscale feel) but still Whitehouse is our favorite...so romantic.......must go for at least 10 days next time....we've also been to Paradissus, Riu's and Iberostar Del Mar, Paraiso Maya and the scrumptuous IBerostar adult only Grand properties, Cancun Dreams, Dreams Puerto Aventuras( when it was sunscape) WHitehouse is still way up there as best ! (IB GRAND riviera maya is close runner up!)

Gorgeous views here and great service (husband says "you just cant take in all the beauty all at once" ). The vegetation has grown even more lush and beautiful and still LOVE the beach and swimming in the ocean. and the serenity of the Dutch pool area...is sure great to have pool choices! We sometimes went to large riviera pool too...what a great pool!.....and we enjoyed sitting outside and dining under the stars at the new Neptunes (used to be Arizona's) and LOVED our white gloved service every morning at Eleanor's as well as their wonderful dinners---ate there twice! LOVED being able to dine outside on the patios while listening to reggae and even ONE evening, we heard Country music! loved it! WE've been married 29 years and took sunset photos in the gazebo...so sweet..photograhers there are great..............LOVED our 3rd floor Concierge Beachfront suite with viewsof both mountains and ocean (great with morning coffee and reading) with jacuzzi tub and separate shower and we each had own sink for getting ready..... (I LOVE taking LONG jacuzzi baths on vacation, so that is an anticipated luxury for me) . We even came back one afternoon to the "Candlelight Escapade" after our excursion day...... nice when you're tired to come back to room with tub filled with bubbles, rose petals scattered about and champaign and fruit skewered... so we LOVED having that tub feature! (have to line that up with the concierge ahead of time...thanks taneek!) the full in room bar was great too..... enjoyed champaign and wine myself from our bar, and my hubby liked making concoctions with the rum , ginger ale and various juices in the frig.. (we liked the new El Dorado rum) .

I was concerned I would be disappointed in the change from appleton rum, but we enjoyed the El Dorado....(the dark el dorado was really good!) I was also rather concerned by all the sand flea stories i read ahead of time......, but we maybe had at most couple bites for the whole week....not a big deal at all....., ( we were NOTdiligent at all either with putting on bug repellant that we brought) but not a big deal at all and we were outside constantly....ran beach in the mornings......often out at sunset too taking pics.......sometimes during day .we used an Avon spf 30 sunscreen cream that was great since it had both bug repellant AND SPF in it and in the evening (when we remembered ) a skin so soft lovely smelling wet wipe that was a natural bug repellant, so we werent bothered at all......so no worries....we brought the OFF repellant, but didnt use it, as Ididnt like the smell and wanted to smell nice so.....the avon product worked great for us in that regard.

We werent bothered at all by the bus ride either..(I took Bonine) ..we had Joe Cool Taxi and Tours take us down ( sandals offers free service, but I've used Joe before on other Jamaica trips and I like his warm and capable services) and he had red stripe beer and sodas and water waiting for us in a cooler when he picked us up from airport, and we went our own pace down.... Plus, my hubby wanted to pick up a couple cigars before we headed to the resort, and he knew right where to take us.......

He has his PHD (ha! stands for Pot Hole Dodger!) We also used his services to take us to black river safari .(he's less expensive than the on site tour company) and then we could go our own pace and go when we wanted to......He does a great job!...we got the private boat ride and got to pet a crocodile! then we went to YS Falls, which ended up being closed due to the heavy rains that happend at the beginning our our week . but hey, we got to pick up some fresh mangos from one of the local roadside stands and MAN were they awesome! Freshest and juiciest mangos I've ever eaten, and Eleanors' was gracious enough to cut one of them up for us each morning at breakfast for the next 3 days! Joe also took us down the road to see the bamboo canopy drive that you often see in the Jamaican paintings..........awesome! we lliked seeing the local scenery.

we Enjoyed the local fare too at whitehouse...LOVED the jerk pork and chicken, ackee/saltfish , bammie, fried plantains. Karlene even arranged for us at Bluefields one day to receive the calamari dish we had had daily, last time we were at Whitehouse! She found a chef that had been there couple years ago and they prepared the dish for us. Thanks karlene!

We received wonderful and thoughtful service. Thanks Taneek in Concierge for making our stay special!

Enjoyed our nightly after dinner "Jamaica Smile" drink and the upstairs martini bar was nice to sit and have a drink while waiting for a table...the waits for us were never long......and of course the french pastry shoppe was awesome too! Enjoyed nightly live outdoor entertaiment when weather permitted...first part of our trip rained like crazy every day for 2 days , then wild wind,...but 4 of the days were perfect weather! rainy days just gave us opportunity for napping, reading in the room/ or on balcony and lounging extra long over lunch or breakfast or head to spa!.....ON vacation! "No worries--no problem" Love that sentiment! I"ve taken that layed back approach home with me.! (or at least I"m trying ) ....OH, and we also really enjoyed their beach tent sunday afternoon church service! that was a first for us at a sandals.....we enjoyed Jamaican worship and we also really appreciated Sandals offerings to read to the local children one morning and the charity dinner (dinner was free---simply provided an opportunity to contribute to the local community by helping them build nearby school) Next time we are going to head off resort and read to the local kids....

wonderful greeting when arrived, lovely smiles, beautiful scenery, enjoyed the roaming peacocks---fun to see their tail feathers in full array, enjoyed opera in the garden, reggae music, beach party....oh, and the beach dancing under the stars with bonfire! how romantic was that?!? They upped the quality of our stay this time in my opinion.....We have enjoyed butler service 3 other times at other Sandals and LOVE the service, but this time we opted for concierge .....we love it either way......., am spoiled a bit by the in room robes and bar..........Another "home run" and we'll be back!

Room Tip: Enjoy services of Concierge or Butler-worth it!
richmond, va
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

We love Whitehouse! This was our 12th trip to a Sandals resort and our 4th to Whitehouse. This resort has the best service of any sandals property. We used our complimentary stay for or 70 nights paid – well, complimentary plus the $2600 I had to pay to upgrade to Butler. The take all past stays and average them to get the level of room for your “complimentary” stay. We’ve had butlers the last 4 times, many years ago there were no butlers or concierge but that doesn’t matter. They also wouldn’t let us use it at Emerald Bay (which is no longer all butler) or Royal Jamaican since it is still all butler. Oh well….we were happy to return to Whitehouse - here is the review!
Please note that the weather was horrible all week so our vacation wasn’t great but that is certainly not the resorts fault!
Transportation: We splurged on the helicopter! It was awesome – arrived in airport and Dougie with Island Hoppers was holding a sign with our names on it. After checking in at Sandals desk, Dougie took us via SUV to departure terminal where the helicopter was waiting for us. After paying (its very expensive!) we went right out and took off. We were at the resort in 20 minutes. We landed on resort in a soccer field and a Sandals porter with golf cart was waiting for us. Took us to the lobby where they had drinks as we arrived, and waited 5 – 10 minutes for our butler. Our room wasn’t ready so Butler escorted us to lunch. He came back for us 40 minutes later and took us to our room. We were at resort with drinks by the time the bus left the airport! For the return to airport, we took the bus. The roads near the resort are a bit rough but get better as you go along. The bus is not that bad! It’s worth it to go to the resort – so stop complaining!
Room: We were in the Italian section on the 4th floor – corner suite. Excellent View! Kudos to the cleaning staff our room was spotless!
Beach: It’s huge! Never a problem finding chairs etc. Great for long walks etc. The watersports crew does a wonderful job cleaning up the seaweed every morning. Also this resort is great at cleaning up towels, cups, etc. during the day. Due to the massive storms we had there was a lot of seaweed but the crew cleaned up as best they could and even dug canals in the sand when water built up to drain back into ocean.
There were a lot of negative reviews about the sand flies/fleas. I was scared! But we were fine! I only got a few bites all week which is good for me….probably mosquito – granted due to weather we weren’t outside as much especially at night. The resort sprays the beach every morning. I also took Deep Woods off and sprayed around and under my beach chair.
Pools: Italian Village is the huge main pool. Music all day, games, and has a swim up pool bar. Dutch pool is quiet. French pool is active and also has a swim up pool bar. I don’t go to the Caribbean to sit by a pool - never really understood that – but to each his own – we do the beach only!
Food: Food is good to very good. We did the breakfast buffet everyday just because of the variety offered. Fresh squeezed orange juice was a nice touch – poor woman’s hand was so tired using the juicer that a chef came out and helped!
Lunch – buffet usually had a decent variety. You could get pizza at Italian restaurant around 3 pm – maybe earlier.
Dinner – we ate at Giuseppe’s, Jasmines, and Eleanors. All were very good. Neptunes is the seafood restaurant – we hate seafood so didn’t eat there – used to be Arizona’s Tex Mex – wish it still was! Also didn’t eat at Bayside as the menu was same every night and didn’t appeal to us. If you don’t have the butler service, go early or you will have a wait. Our butler had a table ready for us every night but others had to wait at least an hour. They offered a Caribbean buffet one night – had to move indoors due to weather – wasn’t looking good. Since when is Mac-n-Cheese Caribbean fare? We called butler to see about getting a table at Giuseppe’s – within 10 minutes we were there and he escorted us to our table. Others were on a wait list. Yes, if I was them I would be mad too – I’ve been there – but not this time, after all it’s what I paid for.
Pasty Shop – everyone loves this place – open all day and night. Pastries, ice cream, crepes, coffee etc. Very popular – forget the calories and enjoy – you are on vacation remember? (I’m paying for it now!)
Excursions – due to weather we couldn’t do any! But we have done zipline in the past and recommend it. Also did Black River with Appleton tour – don’t bother. It’s boring and long bus ride.
Service – Overall the service is excellent at Whitehouse – best of all the sandals. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and will do anything for you. They never act like anything is a bother.
Butlers – if you are going to splurge on butler service, Whitehouse is the place to do it. Our butlers, Kamar and Omar were wonderful – best team we ever had. (Honorable mention goes to Adeep in Emerald Bay!) Kamar and Omar were so helpful, kind, fun and worked so well together. It was a pleasure getting to know them. They reserved our place on the beach everyday (this doesn’t happen at all sandals resorts) and had towels and cooler set up. After the storms, would check on us – yes we were still on beach – please bring us dry towels and some drinks – no problem! Tables reserved every night, snacks left in our room everyday, etc.
I really don’t think you can go wrong choosing Whitehouse. My negative remarks are we wish there was a little more variety of food at dinner – change up the menus. And how dare a Jamaican resort not serve Appleton rum? They sell in it at the gift shop and offer the tour but don’t serve it? Shame on you Butch and Adam! There are some corners you just shouldn’t cut!

Room Tip: Get the butler service!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My now husband and I celebrated our honeymoon at Sandals Whitehouse. The drive from the airport to he resort is a little scary because of the narrowness of the roads and lack of guardrails but both of our drivers (to and from the airport) were knowledgeable about the island and distracted us by giving us a tour of the island. The total tome from the airport to the resort is about an hour and a half. And a word to the wise bring like $20 worth of ones for tips because the bag handlers expect a tip and the bus driver deserves a tip.

This resort is beautiful all the way around. The staff are all willing to answer questions and are all so helpful. There is a server named Murphy that works at Guiseppes and he is great! The activities are fun and there is so much to do that we weren't bored at all. If you participate in activities you accrue mega-points which get you little trinkets (like local art and necklaces).

Sandals is a cashless resort so bring a credit card if you want to do excursions or the spa. They do a credit card imprint upon arrival and charge your card $400 for you to use a room charge card if you dont use all of the credit the reimburse you at checkout.

The beaches were beautiful and well kept. Some other reviewers had trouble with sand flys but we had no issues but it wouldn't hurt to bring bug spray because it cost $10 at the resort shops. We had no issues at the resort and would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2011
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

My wife and I just got back from an almost 2 week stay at Sandals Whitehouse. Having been to at least 1 Sandals/Beaches Resort on all their islands (Nassau, St. Lucia, Antigua, Great Exuma, Turks & Caicos, and now Jamaica) and many other 4-5 Star Resorts, I am able to do some realistic comparisons. So, let me begin with the categories where S.Whitehouse is the undisputed winner: Best Beach ever! (sand was perfect, water was great, plenty of chairs/umbrellas, etc.). Best Food ever! (Elenor's was the best of the best!). Best Nightly Entertainment ever! (even on the 3 days where is rained heavily, there were a ton of activities - the staff excels in this area). Best Diversity in Off-Site activities! (the tours and sites to see are almost limitless).

RESORT OVERVIEW: Beautiful property and superbly groomed. LIKE ALL CARIBBEAN RESORTS that get the Caribbean weather and a ton of guests, it needs a little touch up here and there - but you have to look closely to find a flaw. Those who nit-pick about their tile needing new grout, etc. - need to wake up and join those of us living in reality. Overall, it looks like paradise!

ROOMS: Very nice! Clean, colorful, relatively new furnishings, spacious. We stayed on the 3rd Floor of the Dutch Building ... loved it!

STAFF & SERVICE: Superb! A very few have stated that they got poor service, this was not our experience in any way. HINT: Treat employees with respect, thank them, make them feel appreciated ... instead of giving off an attitude that implies they are your servants ... and they will do anything for you ... they will go the extra mile and then some! Janease and Taneal at Elenor's were our favorites (they are precious). But without reservation, the staff was warm & welcoming, responsive to our needs, extremely hard working, etc.

BEACH: As stated, it was awesome! Yes, I saw a hand full of people (probably 4 in all) that had some sand flea bites ... but that was about it. They spray the beach every morning. HINT: Take 98% Deet "OFF DEEP WOODS" spray with you and no sand flea or bug will touch you! Friends, this is the Caribbean ... there are sand fleas and mosquitoes (HELLO!). Spray some Deet on yourself and you will be untouchable.

FOOD: As stated, the best food at any resort we have visited! The filet at Elenor's is great. As for all the many other restaurants, take your pick ... the food is superb. HINT: If you just cannot tolerate waiting to be seated, arrive at the restaurant of your choice within the first hour that it is open. Otherwise, chill out and put your name on the waiting list!

POOLS: Great! We spent most of our time at the Dutch Pool (the "Quiet" Pool). The Main Pool is the biggest and the French Pool is for the "Wild" Crowd - LOL (there were always hilarious activities taking place at the French Pool.)

CONCLUSION: I have learned that all Caribbean Islands have their own "personality" and the same is somewhat true of resorts. But with Sandals, you get excellence every time, every trip! Yes, the trip from the airport is a little long ... Yes, there are some bugs lurking in the Caribbean ... Yes, if you want a prime beach lounge on which to lay - you need to mark your territory early in the morning with a beach towel ... Yes, if you plan your dinners during the traditional time when the first or second seating of tables is "turning over" - you may have to wait a little while ... BUT YES, you will love Sandals Whitehouse!

Room Tip: All the rooms/suites are great!
albion, ne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My now wife and I got married here. The wedding was perfect, they had ever thing we needed and took great care of her. The spa was great! However, the rest of the resort was average, and food and beverage was poor. Two hours to be served dinner one night, and our wedding dinner reservation had the wrong number of people set up and it took an hour for them to set another table. Drinks were slow the entire trip. It was a fine resort, just not worth what we paid, I would not go back to this resort.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and I just got back from Sandals in Whitehouse Jamaica which we really enjoyed! We both agreed that we wanted a TRUE vacation, we didn’t want our cell phones to work and also wanted limited access to internet. This was the spot for us. Whitehouse was an hour away from any major city in Jamaica and we felt as if we were in a world of our own. The hotel has so much to do (or not do) that we didn’t know where the week went. We went snorkeling every morning followed by a great breakfast at either Neptune’s or Bayside which both overlooked the gorgeous Caribbean sea. The French bakery was also a wonderful afternoon snack. Whitehouse is a pretty big hotel so we never felt as if it was crowded or other guests were on top of us. The pools were enormous, we spent quite a bit of time there and of course topped most days off spoiling ourselves at the spa which was like heaven on earth.
I loved everything about the hotel and plan to come back soon!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sandals Royal Plantation
Sandals Royal Plantation
#3 of 40 in Ocho Rios
4.5 of 5 stars 1,709 reviews

Been to Sandals Whitehouse European Village and Spa? Share your experiences!