“Hope to go back next year....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Natania's

Natania's
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in White House
Natania's
Culloden Wths, White House, Jamaica   |
Ranked #3 of 5 White House B&B and Inns
Decatur, In
“Hope to go back next year....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

This was our first stay at Natania's, although many times in the area. We really enjoyed our stay. Veronica was very hospitable to us, and between her and Jackie (the chef), we couldn't have asked for anything more. They surprised just the two of us with a most romantic wonderful candlelit dinner at sunset on the water...it doesn't get any better than this. The room was clean (but very small), the food was excellant, the view breathtaking, quiet....the real Jamaica. It did rain a bit each night, which made some 'noseums' come out, next time we'll use more spray! This is the real Jamaica, and we will be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

5 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

A nice property directly on the sea with various little areas to relax... this could be a great start for a fantastic place specificaly since the room was nice and clean, the bathroom more than correct and the view breathtaking, all that for a very reasonable price.
You think paradise ?
Unfortunately, all this goes down with the behavior of the manager, Veronica, who's unpleasant attitude borders on plain rudeness.
There was no restaurant on the property and not only did she leave us alone on the second evening without even asking if we were ok, but she locked all doors to the common areas and we couldn't even access our own drinks in the fridge. She kept turning the hot water off as if we were not staying here and when we left, she was reading in here hammock and barely lifted an eye out of her paper without even a sign of the head !
When I had to come back to the common area downstairs to put my money belt (I didn't want to do that on the street), she jumped off her hammock and climbed down the stairs asking what I was doing, in case I wanted to stuff my backpack with useless junk from her place !
People are allowed not to like us but come on, how unprofessional is it to show that kind of feeling to clients ?
Anyway, we tried all this not to spoil our time in the area and the warmth of the people of White House largely compensated for it.

Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

My wife and I made the mistake of renting a house on home and away which promised us the world and when we got there it was a bait and switch, so we left. We were stuck in a small fishing village called white-house which was beautiful but we had no place to stay. We were lucky to find this hidden Gem called Natania's. It was beautiful quite they had a room available and it was more than we could of asked for. We had an awesome time enjoying the true Jamaica. I went spear-fishing with a local and he took me out to the reef and showed me his skills. He never buys fish and I know why, he did not miss. We had a cook prepare us whatever we asked for, everything was so easy no stress, we even had a driver who took us wherever we wanted to go for $30 bucks a day. We went to Negril for the day, we went horseback riding and even went to some waterfalls. We did everything we wanted and did not have to be in a tourist trap or pay tourist prices. One thing I did not like about Jamaica was the constant pan handling and people trying to take advantage of you, but in this village there is none of that. This was the second leg of our trip and to be honest i did not enjoy jamaica until I got here and now I changed my mind. I will be back, i'm going to come with my whole family in christmas and enjoy a sun filled family reunion.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Cape Cod, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

I stayed at Natania's Guest House/B&B from 4/14-4/22/09. I must prefrace this by saying I have become an "all inclusive" snob preferring AI to anything such as Natania's, Whitehouse, Jamaica. I was so wrong! I have never, in my life, spent such a relaxing & enjoyable REAL vacation! Apparently, the South Coast of Jamaica has been Jamaica's best kept secret for many years. I now know why! You will not find a whole lot of tourists here but you will be so happy & so relaxed. The guest house setting is beyond great. It is tranquil & the beautiful water is right in front of you w/easy access. I never watched TV, read a newspaper or went on to the computer which was always available. I spent the entire 8 days reveling in the absence of all modern communications. I had thought that w/out a TV in the room, a phone, etc I would be lost. Again, I was wrong. The rooms are spacious & the sound of the Caribbean lulled me to sleep every night. I had a cell phone w/me which I checked a couple of times a day but didn't need it. The food was beyond good! Every breakfast was a total surprise & so wonderful w/fresh fruit & veg. I spent the entire week reading, w/no interfernce in the many gorgeous places to sit in either sun or shade & walked occassionally up the the driveway to the main road. People on the road could not have been nicer or more helpful & I enjoyed several wonderful lunches at a small local restaurant to the right of the driveway. Veronica Probst is the owner/host of this glorious spot. Veronica/"Vern" is way beyond hospitable w/out being intrusive. Vern is always there is you need something. Other than this, just show up for breakfast and go on with your day. Dinner is available upon request. The minus turned out to be the plus for me. You are on the South Coast of Jamaica. There are no phones or TV's in your room. This turned out to be the best thing in the world for me in terms of a "real" vacation. I read more; never missed the TV or phone. I would highly recommend Natania's for anyone looking for a total getaway w/no real contact to the outside world unless necessary & the contact is always available. But, I sat in a lovely pavillion, in the shade, got up to walk down & enter the gorgeous sea in front of me which has a completely sandy beach & could, if I chose, sit in the sun in any number of private places or by the pool which is big w/plenty of lounge chairs. I plan to return as soon as possible! NATANIA'S GUEST HOUSE is what I would say is a "real vacation." No noise, no impromtu entertainment, no one bothering you in the water & w/only 8 rooms, the sound of the Carribean outside. Also, the sunsets are to die for since this is on the South Coast, (about 30 miles east of Negril. I cannot recommend Natania's enough!!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Natania's? Share your experiences!