“Beautiful Property” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hanover House and Noble House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in White House
Hanover House and Noble House
Save Saved
You added Hanover House and Noble House to your Saves list
White House, Jamaica   |
abingdon, va
“Beautiful Property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

My husband and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary at Noble House with some good friends and it was wonderful. The grounds were so beautiful. The property is on five acres of beachfront with ponds and fountains. It was like being in our own private resort. The house itself was fabulous and very nicely appointed. I loved the master bedroom with his and her bathrooms. That was a treat. And the staff could not have been more helpful. Hope to return soon.

• Liked — Like having a resort to ourselves
  • Disliked — Loved everything about it
  • Stayed October 2008

15 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Hollister, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2007

I'm 2 years late writing this review, but our wedding at Hanover House seems as yesterday. I still can hardly believe that was our fairy tale ceremony, but the pictures and videos are proof. As our guests declared, that was the best wedding (and party!) they had ever been to.

We arrived a week before our June 30 wedding, and we were staying with the wedding party at the villa. We were was 15 including my nieces and nephews. We rented the van for the week, and were met on-time at the airport. (20 more of our guests were staying at another villa, so we were actually met by the 2 vans we rented.) Other of our guests trickled in over the week, and had made their own lodging arrangements.

Renting a wedding villa, and lodging for our friends and family, based only on internet pictures and descriptions, naturally left us with some measure of trepidation. We arrived at Hanover House and our trepidation was transformed to joyful, jaw-dropping, glee. As our guests piled out of the van to select their bedrooms, the staff handled the bags. We went up the circular entry staircase to the main level..and there it was. That magnificent pool area was even grander than pictured. We went up to the master suite and were blown away by the size of the suite, and the views from the amazing wrap around balcony. High ceilings, wood floors, sea and mountain views, this was our fantasy of West Indian planter style living. This magnificent private property was all ours for a week.

The best was yet to come. Miss Pam and the rest of the staff were so warm and helpful that our tearful departure a week later was like leaving family. And the food! It was a proper match for a world-class setting.

The villa comes with access to the Round Hill beach - one of the priciest and most exclusive resorts in the world. A famous Jamaican track star (Miss Bronze - you know who I mean) owns a villa there. Be sure to make the tea service at Round Hill beach - it is fantastic. (Remember you will need a cover up at tea time!) All sorts of teas and snacks to intrigue and tempt you. The entire grounds has an air of exclusivity, and there is a nice coral reef to snorkel. I'm a non-swimmer, so I put on a life jacket and snorkeled away.

We had the van, so we went all over island. Dunn's River falls (don't miss Scotchies jerk stand on the way!), Black River, Pelican Bar, Appleton Estate, Negril, and of course, MoBay.

The wedding went off perfectly. I could bore you with details of the arrangements, but I'll stop gushing for now. I'll leave you with some pictures (sunsets were amazing from sun deck, and the evening tree frog chorus accompanied the twinkling night lights from across Montego Bay.)

Our last trip to Jamaica was to Portland on the other side of the island, but I long to return to Hanover House.

Highly recommended. Say hi to Miss Pam and have her cook you up some brown stew chicken. Yummm.

• Liked — Private villa with staff
  • Disliked — 30 mins to downtown MoBay
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

My husband and I were married at Noble House, a private villa managed by Villas by Linda Smith. The villa is absolutely beautiful, the master bedroom is incredible with 2 bathrooms (his and hers). The grounds are immaculate. The staff took such great care of us - Miss Valerie is the manager and chef and made the most incredible meals every night. Our wedding was handled by Denise Taylor, a local wedding coordinator, and she did a great job (I had met with her 2 months earlier on a trip to Jamaica and we discussed all details then). I could not have asked for more, whether it was my wedding day or all the other days that we stayed there (7 total). You will be pampered and treated like royalty when you go there - it was an incredible expereience. And it was my first time as a "tourist" in Jamaica - my family is from there and I've been to Jamaica many times, but I will never stay in a hotel now that I've expereinced a villa. Visit the website for pictures (though they don't do the place justice) -[-----]

Our families stayed with us in Noble House and the villa next door, Tranquillity House - a smaller villa but every bit as beautiful with a wonderful staff. Both villas are on the beach and each has its own pool with a pool house where additional guests can stay. There are kayaks and snorkeling equipment for guest use. All of our family members and every wedding guest said they wanted to come back to stay in the villas. You'll love it.

FYI, all bedrooms are airconditioned.

• Stayed May 2006
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2004

Our family stayed at the Hanover House in May of 2000. We had 13 of us there and had the most fabulous time there. We loved the openness of the rooms and the pool area was picturesque! Eating together as one large group would have been a nightmare had we stayed in a hotel so we were happy to have the convenience of the in-house staff and excellent cook to prepare our meals. The convenience of having a hired driver on call was a plus as we didn't have to navigate the narrow roads. The view from the upper porches were 360 around and we had a sense of seclusion that you don't feel when you're in a resort.

It was quite a memorable trip to spend with my sisters, brother and their spouses. It was definitely worth the money and it probably would have worked out to be the same price had we all rented hotel rooms & went to restaurants.

Having a pool to ourselves was wonderful and we had a chance to appreciate poolside eating each night!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2003

We took a company trip to Montego Bay and our boss put us all in Villas. I had the pleasure of staying in the Hanover house. We were waited on hand and foot by the gracious staff. They prepared delicious meals and accomodated our every need (even washing our clothes). Everyone on our trip from the other four Villa's always found themselves hanging out at our house. The view, the open courtyard, and the serenity of the pool caused us all to nickname it "The Harmony House." If you have a chance to stay there, choose the 1st bedroom when you come into the house. It does not have the best view, but it does have the coldest air conditioner! Also get a driver - that made the trip complete.

boston burbs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2003

The most amazing experience ever! Rented a private villa from Linda at webvillas and she matched our wish list of accommodations to the tee! We were met at the airport and brought to the door of the most incredible villa (Hanover House). The staff greeted us and immediately served us ice cold beverages, took our luggage and made us feel right at home! The villa was beyond what we expected (even though Linda told us it was even better than the website portrayed)!We were pampered, served amazing feasts every day and even our laundry was done for us! We had never returned from a trip with clean clothes before! We highly recommend trying a villa - hotels are fine but NOW we are totally spoiled and will only consider a private villa due to the royal treatment we received. We met the fabulous warm Jamaicans and saw the real Jamaica - we had a private tour guide (our driver Charlie) all to ourselves. Hotels try to keep you on their property - so why bother to go to a foreign country? Jamaica isn't scary at all! Maybe because our driver cared to show us the real Jamaica and not just go where tour busses get a kick back from shop owners where some locals want to try to get you to buy a little something from them with a bit too much fervor than Americans are used to. (It still is a 3rd world country and not many jobs so people are desperate to have some kind of income even if it is only by braiding your hair.)Try a villa! Hotels will always be there if you prefer to veg with dozens of strangers and eat off a menu 3 times a day....and kids peeing in the pool!Irie Mon!

Been to Hanover House and Noble House? Share your experiences!