“A Great Stay at The Westgrove” 4 of 5 stars

Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Abbeylands, Clane, Co Kildare Ireland, Clane, Ireland   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Clane
London, United Kingdom
“A Great Stay at The Westgrove”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at the Westgrove for three nights whilst over in Ireland for wedding at the near by K Club. All the staff were welcoming and friendly but a special mention has to go to Michelle on Reception who was extremely approachable and helpful for our entire stay.

The rooms were clean and well maintained and we were happy to have a room on the third floor which included a small terrace.

Breakfast was included in the rate, just a small continental selection, however the hot food on offer was delicious and much needed following each previous days celebrations.

The Pool, Jacuzzi and Steam room were a welcome addition to an already very good hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor at the front of the hotel have outdoor terraces, e.g. 315 and 321
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. What a lovely title to your review, the team will be delighted and especially Michelle on reception. Customer care is paramount in what we try to achieve here and your appreciation is very much sought after. I am delighted you found our housekeeping to a high standard and that you enjoyed our facilities in our Leisure Club and Spa.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future to avail of the diverse range of activities of Co Kildare whether that be horse racing ,golfing, other sporting pursuits or discovering the Bog of Allen.
Jerry Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was at a wedding yesterday at the westgrovehotel and I have to say they looked after us great .our room was lovely and the meal was really top quality and the staff were friendly and very helpful .we had room service breakfast this morning which was really hot and tasty and a swim in the pool before we left.altogether a great experience I would highly recommend this hotel .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your time at the wedding and that you found the whole experience to your liking. Thank you for all your praise we very much appreciate it.
I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
Donegal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed after a visit to punchestown a great location for this purpose. The hotel is lovely in a lovely village. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The staff very courteous and attentive to all our requests and questions. The food was delicious not always what I find as a vegetarian. We will definately be back

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor I am delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Westgrove Hotel and your time in Punchestown National Hunt Festival. Thank you for comments and I do hope I encourage you to return in the near future.
Western Ireland, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I had to make three phone calls to this hotel to make a reservation. On the three occassions I was told that someone from reservations would get back to me. This did not happen. I again rang today and asked for a reservation for April. Was again told someone will get back to me from reservations. One hour later the receptionist rang me to "say can I help you", I gave her all the details and was told there was a double room available. When I mentioned that I had a PIGSBACK.COM voucher she said oh no we dont have a room because Punchestown is on. I said I dont know anything about this and its not relevant to what my enquiry was about. She informed me that it was on the Terms and Conditions. I told her I have just read this info and there is no mention about the said dates or Punchestown. She said again someone will ring me back. A lady called Ms. [--] suppose to be the duty manager rang me and was extremely rude on the phone. Was not interested in what I had to say only tried to talk me down. She obviously had never learned customer service in her training She Informed me that the receptionist had mentioned May and not April for the booking. There is a serious lack of communication with the staff in this hotel. . So beware of this hotel if you have purchased a voucher from pigsback.com.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JerryRu, General Manager at Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear
What a very disappointing review. On four occasions you were advised that you could not use a Pigsback Voucher to reserve a room in our Hotel next Friday and Saturday because Punchestown Irish National Hunt Festival is on and Kildare is very busy next week and we have a wedding reception on Saturday also We do not have availability to accept your voucher. Pigsback Vouchers are Subject to Availability. What part of this do you not understand?
Further to our telephone call you were unable to provide an explanation to me as to why you put up this damaging review to our business.
I hope visiting viewers to Trip Advisor accept this review for what it is.
Thank you.
Jerry Russell

Travelers are raving about these Clane hotels

Cork. Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the start of April for a wedding and found this hotel beautiful. The staff were lovely ,helpful and friendly. The breakfast was excellent. Drink was the only thing I found a little bit expensive.I would recommend this hotel.

Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and found our staff helpful and friendly. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast offering and found the Hotel comfortable .Thank you for recomending us we very much appreciate it.
I do hope we encourage you to return again in the future and thank you for your business.
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Surprised at how bad this hotel actually is. For a start we run a prize for a 2 night stay B&B and 1 dinner so we could not complain to the staff but if we had paid money for this there is no way id leave the hotel without a refund.
If anyone from the hotel reads this please go to our Room numbered 237 & sort out the shower for one. Impossible to use the shower as the water just trickled out. There was no way my wife could wash her hair with this shower. We had to use the bath.
The rooms are stuffy and dark & the TVs are tiny. There was a flap on our window that was broke off which meant the wind blew in. Outside our window there was a pair of old socks & plenty of cigarette stubs. On the night of our dinner we had booked for 8.00 but were running slightly late so we tried to phone down to let them know but alas the phone did not work.
The breakfast was average. 1st day it was brought to us as we were the only people at breakfast and on the 2nd day it was buffet. On the 2nd day the breakfast finished at 11.00 and by God come 11am the staff stopped & started to clear everything. The orange juice had ran out & they did not fill it again. I asked a waiter for 2 glasses and he said he would get. He never came back to us, just continued to clear up.
That was the 2nd time we were ignored as on the night we arrived late we just ordered bar food. To finish we asked for a latte which we never got. When we asked for it again we were told that the machine was broke. I did notice flashing red lights on the machine in the bar but what was to stop them from going into 1 of their 2 restaurants and getting one from there or why did the staff not come to us and explain why we werent getting the coffee?? Why wait for us to ask?? Dropping with laziness is what i say and to make matters worse the place was empty so being to busy was not an excuse.
The bar food was Ok and the meal in their Italian was just OK also nothing special.
Overall I definatley would not recommend this hotel to anyone & I will not be back. For the 1st time ever we were tempted to leave a hotel early.

Room Tip: Not Room 237 but maybe all the rooms are terrible
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay and found the staff lazy. I must say I will take your review with a pinch of salt as I have checked out room 237 and there is a power shower in that bedroom and the water pressure is very strong. May be you got confused.
I think we offer a wide variety of produce on our breakfast buffet with over 40 different items to suit different tastes. Your comments on our food in Assaggio and the Barfood menu are unspecific so difficult to deal with.
Anyway I am sorry you did not enjoy your break away at the Westgrove Hotel and that we did not meet your expectations.
I would be delighted to upgrade you to a suite complimentary or an apartment if you chose to return to us in the future.
Kildare, Kildare, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had an amazing meal in Kirbys restaurant last night. Excellent food and service and lovely ambience. Jason the restaurant manager was fantastic. Highly recommend and we will be returning ! Thank you!

Dear Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted you enjoyed your dining experience in our Kirbys Bistro. Jason and his team, and John our Head Chef will be delighted to read your comments. Thank you for your glowing report and we look forward to looking after you again in the near future.
General Manager.

Been to Westgrove Hotel and Conference Centre? Share your experiences!