“So much fun!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 7 Attractions in Kapaau
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: The experience of a lifetime awaits you among some of the world’s most spectacular scenery – Zip with BIEA II through the unspoiled and breathtaking mountains and gulches of historic North Kohala... On your roughly three-hour guided adventure tour with Big Island Eco Adventures II, you’ll be soaring high above our lush North Kohala gulches on eight exhilarating runs crisscrossing tropical ravines. Summon your courage across our two-hundred foot suspension bridge hovering over a beautiful fern grotto. At our charming natural Mango Hut, enjoy locally-made light snacks and beverages before zipping right off our Hut platform! Finish the tour with unparalleled views of the Waianaia Gulch and the Pacific Ocean. You’ll learn about Hawaii’s natural and cultural history throughout your voyage, enriching your experience every step of the way with BIEA II.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Sacramento
“So much fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband and I recently went on the zipline tour on our honeymoon. We had such an amazing time! Our tour guides were lots of fun and they definitely made the trip more entertaining :) On the last zipline of the tour you get to see a beautiful waterfall and Maui off in the distance too. This was one of the highlights of our vacation and we would recommend this tour to anyone who wants a little fun and adventure on your trip!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Can I do it again? And Again?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2010

This was just awesome. I've never ziplined before, and this was a great first experience, one that I wish I could do over and over, if only to chill out with our two kick-butt guides, Tom (Tomcat) and Efrain (Eff). The ride up and back in the military-like vehicle was a bit rough, but it was all part of the overall experience. We had 8 zips with 2 or 3 waterfall views. To be honest, you're not on the zip long enough to really take them in; so, don't base your choice on zip tours on the number of waterfalls. This was a bargain, I'd say, then compared to the other company over near Hilo, which was a lot more $ and only one more zip.

Anyway, I gotta hand it to them for making it so much fun. And, it's great for all ages, so long as you weigh enough! (You could get stuck if you don't as weight is what gives you speed. No one in our party got stuck, but one really light woman needed a little extra assistance on one zip; she made it all the way, though!)

Oh, and that last zip? 1000+ feet over a huge gorge with views of the ocean. OMG!

san diego
“NO Customer service!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

BIEA is a complete scam!!!! They are completely unreasonable...we prebooked our tour for 4 persons a month in advance (totalling over $600) and the day before we thought we were going realised we had messed up our reservation by a day and called minutes before our scheduled time. Its a couple hr drive from where we were staying so we couldnt make it by the scheduled time. When we called to explain our mix-up they told us they would not refund any of the $600! but we could rebook for another $600 if we'd like to go on the tour still. I understand its our fault but keeping the full $600 when were willing to go and pay more is unreasonable!

Waipahu, Hawaii
“The Absolute Best Experience Ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

Our two guides, Doug and Randy, were sincere, supportive, and entertaining as ****! The background/historical information of the area was educational for both kama'aina and first time visitors to Hawai'i. I have or should say HAD a great fear of heights before taking on this adventure. Any butterflies I had disappeared by the 2nd line and felt more confident as the zipping continued. My only regret is that I did not let go. Perhaps next time... :-)

Key West, Florida
25 attraction reviews
“Great Fun!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

My family wanted to zipline during our recent trip to the Big Island. After research, we opted to go with BIEA. We had such a great time. Our guides were Beth & Vernon and they were so much fun. The course is great and I appreciated the ability to "work up" to the grand finale. I am afraid of heights, but it truly left me during this adventure. Their groups are small and so there is very little waiting. The prepared a nice snack for us by waterfalls (kind of felt like we won a "Survivor" reward challenge. I would highly recommend this company, I always felt safe and truly enjoyed our guides.