We have just spent two nights at the Pheasant for a small birthday celebration with friends. We couldn't have picked a better place to stay. The bedrooms, public rooms, bar, restaurant and bistro are full of charm and character. We ate in the bistro both nights. The four of us chose different dishes and they were all excellent. Breakfast in the lovely dining room overlooking the garden was a treat. The Pheasant is in a perfect location in the quiet area of the northern Lakes. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly as were the locals in the bar. The only small complaint was that our lovely bedroom was above the kitchen and the rather loud extractor fan was switched on at 7.50 both mornings. We will certainly return for another stay!
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Hotel
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, T4B and Venere so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.