Took a friend for Sunday lunch here during a weeks break in the lovely Northern Lakes.
Absolutely faultless in every way. We sat in the lounge by a beautiful log fire having a coffee, reading the papers before lunch, such a wonderful cosy atmosphere and the coffee was very good too.
We ate in the Bistro and the meal was just perfect, The pork with cracking was delicious, service was excellent, in fact could not find one fault with any anything. The white onion soup to start was a delight.
Will definitely return and try the Fell restaurant and perhaps stay a night.
Can't recommend this place enough, a real gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, T4B, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District