We only booked the Pheasant a few days before our trip, never having been there before. The hotel/inn is extremely comfortable, great open fires, comfy lounges, and excellent food (both bistro and restaurant). The staff were excellent, very helpful and informative, especially Nicki, the manager. Use of local spa facilities, after a very hard walk up Skiddaw in the snow, was very welcome!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, LateRooms and Priceline so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District