as soon as you walk through the doors here, you know you are in a special place. the lounges have roaring fires, quality books to read, lots of comfy chairs. The bar is i think over 300 years old- and pretty much unchanged- since famous huntsman John Peel used to drink here. Either the restaurant or the bistro are superb; we ate here for pre wedding night meal in the bistro- and the food outshone an expensive lakes hotels expensive wedding meal. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are full of character, some with seats in the window where you can watch people come and go outside. This place is not cheap, but its worth visiting at least once. You will come away wanting to save up and revisit!
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Hotel
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, T4B and Venere so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.