A last minute decision to take a much needed break (from running a small hotel in the Yorkshire Dales) left us with little choice as to availability in the Northern Lakes, however, little choice resulted in a very good choice indeed. I am generally keen on slightly more contemporary decor but, that said, the Bassenthwaite Room was in good repair, of a high quality and offered all the comforts of a modern hotel with some old fashioned taste and elegance. The restaurant is a delight.....the food excellent and we were really taken by its layout where you felt you could have a tete-a-tete without being eavesdropped on by other diners. The location could not be faulted, the Northern Lakes are awesome, the mountains so majestic. Friendly, efficient, helpful, yet unobtrusive staff....definitely a hotel to return to for some rest and rejuvenation!
- Also Known As:
- The Pheasant Hotel Bassenthwaite
- The Pheasant Hotel
- The Pheasant Inn Bassenthwaite/Keswick, Lake District
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dating back to the 17th century, this former haunt of the famous huntsman John Peel has been entertaining guests for the past 300 years in the traditional Cumbrian manner with stunning food and refreshment and good old fashioned values. With an abundance of unique period atmosphere and a sense of timelessness with the clever mix of luxurious, contemporary comforts provides The Pheasant a well deserved national and International reputation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, T4B and Venere so you can book your The Pheasant Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.