I went as a red level guest in an ocean view room, it had a Jacuzzi on the balcony. Upon arrival at 12:30am, we were greeted by a pleasant receptionist. There were no food or bar places open! We could not get a drink or welcome drink, we got some sandwich boxes brought up.
The jacuzi did not work (new motor), a light didnt work and fixture was coming off the wall and a floor tile was a little loose, other than that everything seems fine and nice.
We bought some beer at a local supermarket but were not allowed to take it into the room, we had to sneak it in a suitcase in the end, there seems to be two factions, security and hotel staff, where things dont always get along.
Passion food was below average, dried chicken, asian place was better, Italian also wasn't bad.
We had two cloudy days and 3 sunny days. pool was great and the beds were nice (at the pool). Drinks were strong, tad expensive though, sea temp nice, very calm water.
Free breakfast was great on days we made it, free drinks and food 5-8pm were also great, local beer or wine/champers.
All in all not bad, would come again if a cheaper deal, 2800 for 6 nights + flights from SFO was a little expensive.
We rented a car and driving was sometimes a pain as the signs are not that great. But we drove to the food kiosks, from the airport to hotel, to the waterfalls in the rain forest and the bio-luminescence lagoon (best trip by far).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With an idyllic location on Puerto Rico's northeastern coast in Coco Beach, Rio Grande, Gran Melia Puerto Rico brings the privacy and exclusivity you deserve and allows you the opportunity to escape from the rest of the world. From the moment you step inside this tropical oasis, you will be enveloped by the beauty and grandeur of Gran Melia Puerto Rico. Boasting a world-class YHI spa, the nearby Trump International Golf Club and the best pool on the island with four integrated whirlpools, Gran Melia Puerto Rico is the place to live the true resort experience in Puerto Rico. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Melia, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Hotel Rio Grande
- Gran Melia Rio Grande
- Sol Melia Rio Grande
- Paradisus Puerto Rico
- Gran Melia Golf Resort Puerto Rico Rio Grande