and perfection is what you should expect when you are paying $1100.00 or 21,000 points per night.
For an outstanding, accurate and entertaining review of this resort, you should look at "Priceless details and service at a price" written on March 3rd 2011. This guy can write and I hope he's not wasting his talent on Trip Advisor.
What we liked:
1. beautiful setting and rooms are spacious and very comfortable.
2. service is second to none.
3. large expansive ocean front.
4. kayaking and biking were special as the rain forrest surroundings are very exotic.
5. Miriam, a waitress at the Seagrapes restaurant was the only server all weekend to alert us that tips are included in the bill. Kudos to her!
6. Giovanni, waiter at the Seagrapes, went above and beyond to remedy a problem we had with drinks we ordered through room service, which we wanted served at the beach. You would think that this would not have been such a big deal...but it was. Fortunately, Giovanni understood that we didnt want to be bothered with hotel policy and just wanted our drinks. He made it happen and continued to be one of the finest servers we met throughout the weekend (and they are all great!!)
What we didn't like:
1. Cancelled complimentary smores event because "not enough people showed up."
Yes sounds picky but at 1100.00 per night, you have a right to be picky!
2. Cancelled scheduled brunch because Goodyear group event was having a private brunch at the outdoor restaurant. Not cool at these prices.
3. Goodyear group event took over a beautiful part of the hotel on Saturday evening which prevented us from enjoying the sunset. Also, their band was very loud! Again, maybe picky but we came to the St Regis for perfection.
At the end of the day, this is a superb resort which I have no doubt, will soon be worthy of its expensive rates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande