St. Regís Bahía
This was our first stay at a St. Regis and many things blew us away.
Location: 35 minutes from San Juan
Price: just right
Pools: very nice, ample space, several cabanas and more than enough comfortable lounge chairs
Beach: 2 miles of beautiful Atlantic Coast and Golden sands. Phenomenal beach for early morning walks. So very peaceful. Not swimmable as it's a rough surf sometimes.
Food: 3 restaurants. Molasses is excellent. Sea grapes is also very good (Located Poolside) and Fern (A Jean George's Restaurant) we didn't have an opportunity to try.
Suite/Casita: we stayed in 1213. Beautifully decorated, comfortable and spacious was our oceanfront St. Regis Suite.
Bed/Pillows: very comfortable, like sleeping on a cloud. Pillows were also large and comfortable.
Bathroom: excellent rain shower along with an adjustable handle.
Very large deep tub
Entertainment: Samsung TVs throughout along with a tv in the vanity mirror in the master bathroom (unbelievable) =)
Excellent place from the start. Weeks before arriving I emailed the resort in regards to some special requests. The GM answered my requests promptly every time.
Special thanks to the head concierge and his staff Vanessa and Dinerys, Terry the GM, Angel (waiter from Molasses) Amaury and Edgar our Butler. Many others that I can't remember. All were excellent.
Would we return to a St. Regis based on this experience??
Absolutely! At the drop of a dime! First rate treatment, at a world class AAA Five Diamond Resort make this my #1 place to stay in Puerto Rico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande