Stayed here for three nights/four days. Great hotel. Very attentive staff. Great pool. Great beach (although you should know the ocean is not the "blue" water you may want on vacation... there are some nice waves which make the water appear brown. Not a big deal, it was fun playing in the waves.
The only issue we had was that a small lizard somehow made its way into our shower area... we tried to get the little guy out but he was too fast and was jumping around. It took the staff 45 minutes and four phone calls to get him out.
I did think the $60 resort fee was a bit much and some of the drinks near the pool were $19 (a bit excessive). I know its the St. Regis and definitely a great resort, but lets be reasonable here... The food near the pool was good and the service was great.
The grounds are very well kept. Overall, I would come back again. Don't cab it from the airport, rent a car and park it at the hotel for the $22 they charge - that way you can move around the island.
Restaurants at the resort were very good, but Fern was a bit overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande