The property is stunning. It is large and spread out....not up. I never felt like I was staying at a large hotel. Each of the buildings are connected with a raised wooden pathway. At night, you can hear the tree frogs. During the day, you can see the lizards running by. Our room was large and very comfortable. My only complaint was with the bottom sheet (I simply prefer a fitted bottom sheet). The bath was amazing....a large wet room which had the rain shower and large tub. My son who normally fights whenever it is shower/bath time had one every day because he loved the shower so much. I liked having an outdoor space that had a table and sofa that overlooked the garden.
Maybe it was the timing and how the place was booked, but I took daily hour long walks on the beach with a friend, and generally ran into less than five people along the walk. My son loved the pools and was constantly going from one to the other (they are basically connected).
There are some large iguanas that hang by the pool. I learned that they can swim...which was kind of cool once you got over the shock of seeing one hoist itself out of the deep end.
The spa was well appointed and lovely, although a bit pricey for me (but I still had the hour long massage).
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.