My husband and I stayed at the St. Regis Bahia Beach in January. If you book a suite, your rooms will be closest to the main lobby (although still a separate building, so very private), which means it's not too far of a walk after you check in, or to get to the pool & restaurants. The food there - at all three restaurants - was amazing, and even though we stayed 6 days, we never felt the need to leave the property. There is so much to do! If you do decide to leave (which we did once to buy wine at the local grocery store - gotta save money if you're upgrading to the suite!) they can arrange a taxi for $15 each way into the local town. The private beach is wonderful. The beach area off the pool has a bit of a steep drop once you get into the water, but if you walk to the left, the shore and water becomes very flat, so much more conducive to swimming. (I found 12 sand dollars there too during our stay!) The room decor and service are wonderful. They have blended green with high tech, so it makes for an amazing experience. And the spa is absolutely worth checking out. They provide a glass of Champagne (not sparkling) upon arrival. While I wouldn't say that this was the "best" 5-star service I've ever received, it does rank strongly at about 4.7 out of 5.0 points for service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Starwood, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande