Took my wife and 2 year old to spend a few days in this beautiful resort. The property is surrounded by the tropical florest, and the rooms are located throughout independent 2 story buildings connected by a wooden walkway.
The rooms are large and the bathroom is huge, but had to change rooms three times. If you are travelling with children and need to have stroller access, make sure to request a room with elevator access. The first floor room did not work for us as its balcony was not gated, meaning that our 2 year old could have ran out to the florest directly from our room. Therefore I recommend second level apartments with elevator access.
In terms of food selection, the property has three restaurants, and we have tried all of them. Restaurant Fern, was our first stop as we have been at several Jean-Georges restaurants before and we really enjoyed his style. The service was great but we expected more from our dining experience, for example the seasonings of the octopus were over powering and their breakfast menu selection was extremely limited and no other restaurant at the resort served breakfast.
The restaurant by the pool took a really long time to execute our order, and the food arrived cold. The menu for lunch contained more sandwiches, salads, pizzas and appetizers but it did not offer entrees with fish and/or meat.
The Molasses restaurant by the golf course, had an excellent service and the dinner menu offered a good selection. The seasoning, presentation, temperature and taste was good.
Overall, I recommend this resort in terms of leisure but if you are looking for a combined leisure and gastronomic vacation then recommend renting a car and driving to the city to explore other dinning options.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Starwood, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande