We stayed in July at this property. I decided to write the review now as we are planning our 2013 vacation and thought it would have been nice to read this before planning my trip here.
Entering the property, it is gorgeous. The entire grounds are well maintained. Checking in was a little confusing as there is not a traditional front desk. After standing around for several minutes, someone finally came and helped us…this was what we came to find as the big draw back. Service was not very good. Very friendly staff, but they did not seem to be trained or led well. The food was good, but the options were slim on property and no convenient places close by off property. There is a beautiful beach, but any wind kicks the sand up pretty good and there was wind every day. If you want to go just about anywhere, you need to get a ride in a golf cart. You call and ask for a ride and they are pretty good at getting you there fairly quickly. Determining what was open when was difficult as the information online did not match what was posted in the room, which did not match the actual hours and days of operation. The water sports were nice, but on an inland pond. The sailing was bad due to swirling wind and confined space. This could be a great property, but not under the current management. I tried to speak with the GM, but was told I would need to hunt him down. This kind of summed up the week. If you want something you are going to have to chase it down yourself. Happy to do it, but I expect to pay Sheraton rates, not St Regis rates. We enjoyed ourselves there, but came away feeling we had paid a great deal and missed out on a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated as Puerto Rico’s first and only AAA Five Diamond resort and the leader in luxury on the island and in the Caribbean, The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico has been designed with the entire family in mind, providing a variety of extraordinary services and activities that will keep all guests entertained from sunrise to sunset. Located on a former 483 acre coconut plantation, it is nestled between El Yunque National Forest and the sparkling Atlantic Ocean on the northeast coast of Puerto Rico. Certified Gold Audubon Signature Sanctuary, the lush Resort features a tennis center, a golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr., as well as 4 miles of nature trails, 70 acres of lakes and a boat house for water sports. The intimate St. Regis Bahia Beach boasts 139 rooms including 35 suites, where The St. Regis’ iconic Butler service is available. Most of the guestrooms overlook amazing ocean and garden views setting a new standard in luxury accommodations, service levels and facilities for the Caribbean. An indulging Remède Spa and the exquisite dining options will delight all senses, including Fern Restaurant, featuring culinary creations by world famous Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten, Molasses Restaurant, St. Regis Bar and Seagrapes. In addition, abundant banquet space is available to accommodate a variety of outdoor or indoor events. Featuring amazing ocean or garden views, it is the perfect setting for small or big gatherings as well as weddings. The elegant tropical magnificence of The St. Regis Bahia Beach creates a world for its guests that they will never want to leave. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Tingo, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Hotel Rio Grande
- The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort Puerto Rico/Rio Grande