After reading several mixed reviews, I was wary, but overall pleasantly surprised.
Rooms: Two double beds were tight for family of four. Would do a larger room next time. Pretty clean, though, and NO BEDBUGS!
Pool: Must go reserve chairs early (by 8am), only downside. Otherwise, great pool and beach area. Even when crowded, did not seem overly so.
Restaurants: Very expensive, food mediocre, and must reserve very early (before you arrive). Upside of not having to leave property. Great breakfast at Marbella. Palio and Club Coqui were the best meals by far. Shimas was inedible.
Excursions: Rain forest great - very important to wear proper footwear such as tevas or keens. The rocks were very slippery. Old San Juan trip a waste unless you're a shopper.
Hotel: Personnel were all extremely pleasant and accomodating. The hotel itself was beautiful. The casino, game room & gym were surprisingly small for such a massive place.
Would definitely go again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean National Forest, The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico presents the ultimate Caribbean resort experience! This luxurious resort is secluded on a 500-acre estate framed by lush green mountains and a mile of palm-lined beach. From the moment you arrive, you are reminded that The Westin Rio Mar Beach sets the world's standards for hospitality service. Richly appointed tropical luxury makes each guest room a welcome, private haven. Spectacular views of the sapphire blue Atlantic or the majestic El Yunque, the Caribbean National Forest, complement the island-styled décor in our 600 guest rooms and suites, all featuring Westin’s renowned Heavenly Beds® and Heavenly Baths®. Rich, natural woods, Italian tile, plush fabrics and preferred amenities surround each guest with privileged comfort. A beachfront paradise for recreation, the resort offers an array of pleasures from championship golf and extensive watersports to night-time excitement at the Rio Mar Casino. Amenities include two beachfront pools, two world-class golf courses, the exclusive Mandara Spa with fitness center, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, water sports center, scuba diving, bicycling and a variety of specialty shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Wyndham, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande