Our family of 5 just returned from the Wyndham Rio Mar for a 7 day vacation. The Wyndham check in was very easy and our room was ready upon arrival.We stayed on the 6th floor in a Caribbean Suite that overlooked the pool and the ocean. It was a squeaky clean, completely updated room that had a king bed in one room and the connecting room had a pullout sofa, that was also incredibly clean and private space for a roll away bed for my youngest. The room with ,the view, when we opened the door the first time, honestly took my breath away. The room looked like it had never been used! It was a stunning room and view!
We spent plenty of time at the pool and hot tub and the beach. We rented a Cabana 2 different times and really enjoyed the ones by the beach the best. The kids could run between the pool and the ocean and we could enjoy the beverages and food that was delivered.Melissa, who runs the entire outside space, was particularly helpful in helping us find fun places to eat off property. She was even kind enough to give us her cell phone number and we could text questions that we had.
The concierge staff was also incredibly helpful. Our family of 5 (ages 14,11,6) all went horseback riding for 2 hours, ATVing (without the 6 year old), hiking in the rainforest and kayaking the bio-luminescence bay. Our favorite dinner was at Hacienda Caraballi, the same place as horseback riding and ATVing. A family runs the restaurant and makes the most delicious steak I have EVER had. We liked it so much that we ate there twice. Another memorable dinner was at La Cava del Terrior, also very close to the resort. We didn't take our children to this restaurant so we could enjoy the panoramic view at sunset and also enjoy the tapas and wine. It was an incredible meal and a true foodie place.
The service we encountered at the Wyndham, as well as the entire island, was second to none. There is still an element of "island time" but the locals appreciate tourist and are very kind and helpful with recommendations! There was no "island attitude".
We will be going back to the Wyndham again next year. The kids loved it, the parents loved it. The fact that you don't have to deal with the slowness of customs and you can carry-on all of your bags makes it the easiest island we have ever been to.
We ran into the General Manager, Danny Williams, who treated us like he had known us forever and he was as gracious as the other members of the staff. It was a fantastic vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean National Forest, The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico presents the ultimate Caribbean resort experience! This luxurious resort is secluded on a 500-acre estate framed by lush green mountains and a mile of palm-lined beach. From the moment you arrive, you are reminded that The Westin Rio Mar Beach sets the world's standards for hospitality service. Richly appointed tropical luxury makes each guest room a welcome, private haven. Spectacular views of the sapphire blue Atlantic or the majestic El Yunque, the Caribbean National Forest, complement the island-styled décor in our 600 guest rooms and suites, all featuring Westin’s renowned Heavenly Beds® and Heavenly Baths®. Rich, natural woods, Italian tile, plush fabrics and preferred amenities surround each guest with privileged comfort. A beachfront paradise for recreation, the resort offers an array of pleasures from championship golf and extensive watersports to night-time excitement at the Rio Mar Casino. Amenities include two beachfront pools, two world-class golf courses, the exclusive Mandara Spa with fitness center, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, water sports center, scuba diving, bicycling and a variety of specialty shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande