Stayed here for three nights and we tremendously enjoyed it! The property it sits on is huge! Golf and tennis, but we loved the resort, pools, beach and the restaurants!
Iguana feeding - go check it out, they have a "preserve" which cares for these reptiles! You can feed and pet it!
Pool - a simple water slide with an adult pool that helps when you want to take a breather from the noise! Two hot tubs, cabanas for rent, tiki bar. Beach is right there and you can walk out to it. Waves are stronger though but explore it bec on the far side of the property you can walk / wade to a sand bar and get you to the mouth of a river!
Restaurant- the hotel has a cafe which is the most affordable- but wait is long do plan on standing there for a while. Don't go if you're in a hurry! Pricey but the only quick food ( explore outside the hotel for food - ask concierge to help) we chose to stay in and ate at Palio semi formal but amazing taste! We ordered from the appetizer menu and it filled us up! Petite osso bucco and the tomato and mozzarella ! Tiramisu!
Probably the most affordable resort in the area if you're going to splurge. Very close to El Yunque forest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean National Forest, The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico presents the ultimate Caribbean resort experience! This luxurious resort is secluded on a 500-acre estate framed by lush green mountains and a mile of palm-lined beach. From the moment you arrive, you are reminded that The Westin Rio Mar Beach sets the world's standards for hospitality service. Richly appointed tropical luxury makes each guest room a welcome, private haven. Spectacular views of the sapphire blue Atlantic or the majestic El Yunque, the Caribbean National Forest, complement the island-styled décor in our 600 guest rooms and suites, all featuring Westin’s renowned Heavenly Beds® and Heavenly Baths®. Rich, natural woods, Italian tile, plush fabrics and preferred amenities surround each guest with privileged comfort. A beachfront paradise for recreation, the resort offers an array of pleasures from championship golf and extensive watersports to night-time excitement at the Rio Mar Casino. Amenities include two beachfront pools, two world-class golf courses, the exclusive Mandara Spa with fitness center, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, water sports center, scuba diving, bicycling and a variety of specialty shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande