Go prepared if you've read the reviews. keep in mind that paying $220 doesn't include much other than pool use and towels.. but there really isn't much to do other than the pool, the beach and maybe the gym.
Most guest bring food from outside the hotel with them, I saw lots of people with personal coolers, and their own drinks and food at the pool. I can understand being that per person if you were to have breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel you would need at least $75 per person per day. And that would be being cautious.
There are 5 on site restaurants, Palio (Italian - Fine dining up to $45 per plate) ,Marbella (Puertorrican - casual up to $30 p/p) a japanese restaurant under $30. There is s poolside restaurant that has an amazing menu and is more affordable but is almost never open. The have the pool bar open most of the time. There is also a small cafe next to the casino were you can get decent coffee for about $5 and lost of pastries. There are also two other at the country club.
The thing is if you have all your meals outside of the hotel will take up all of your day, meaning you spent $220 a night to not enjoy the hotel.
The way i see it. Either come ready to pay $75 dollars a day p/p or Bring it with you. You might want to research and see if there is any place near that has delivery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean National Forest, The Westin Rio Mar Beach Golf Resort & Spa in Puerto Rico presents the ultimate Caribbean resort experience! This luxurious resort is secluded on a 500-acre estate framed by lush green mountains and a mile of palm-lined beach. From the moment you arrive, you are reminded that The Westin Rio Mar Beach sets the world's standards for hospitality service. Richly appointed tropical luxury makes each guest room a welcome, private haven. Spectacular views of the sapphire blue Atlantic or the majestic El Yunque, the Caribbean National Forest, complement the island-styled décor in our 600 guest rooms and suites, all featuring Westin’s renowned Heavenly Beds® and Heavenly Baths®. Rich, natural woods, Italian tile, plush fabrics and preferred amenities surround each guest with privileged comfort. A beachfront paradise for recreation, the resort offers an array of pleasures from championship golf and extensive watersports to night-time excitement at the Rio Mar Casino. Amenities include two beachfront pools, two world-class golf courses, the exclusive Mandara Spa with fitness center, 11 Har-Tru tennis courts, water sports center, scuba diving, bicycling and a variety of specialty shops and boutiques. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Wyndham, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa, a Wyndham Grand Hotel Rio Grande
- Rio Mar Beach Resort And Spa, a Wyndham Grand Resort
- Wyndham Rio Grande
- Rio Del Mar Puerto Rico
- Rio Grande Wyndham
- Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Westin Rio Mar Puerto Rico
- Wyndham El Yunque National Forest
- El Yunque National Forest Wyndham
- Wyndham Grand Rio Mar Beach Resort & Spa Puerto Rico/Rio Grande