“Real riding, real beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Waterford, Virginia, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Real riding, real beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our family of four with two daughters 16 & 13 LUCKED out by finding Nicki. She owns, guides and CARES about her horses and her guests. We were greeted warmly and our horses were ready to go. Nicki was very clear with instructions, made sure we were comfortable before our trip began. We enjoyed our ride along the beach, and Nicki spent much time going over some history of the island with my girls. We then rode bareback in the surf... What an awesome experience for all of us! Nicki unsaddles and re-saddles the horses on her own... This lady WORKS... She even has gallons and gallons of water there to rinse off after your swim on horseback. Bottom line... Great small business that cares. Value received!! Nicki even gave us a tour of her stables and an education about her different horses. I even learned why you see so many cats on the island with a notch in their left ear... (Volunteers spay and neuter then they notch them so they don't get fixed twice...). Thank you Nicki!!!!! Lastly, we used the SpotCayman app during our stay and found it very useful.

Visited January 2013

Denver, Colorado, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Great Horseback Experience - fun ride, humane animal care”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I wend horseback riding with Nicki in May. It was very important to me to find a riding operation which was small enough to offer an intimate experience AND which treated its horses well. Nicki achieved these both. She's the owner and the tour guide, and it's only your group (in our case, my husband and myself) on the ride. She picked us up from our hotel in her little pickup and took us to where she stables her horses - so we saw where the horses were kept, helped saddle them (our choice), and felt more connected to the experience. On the ride and she told us stories of growing up in the Cayman Islands while we rode along the beach. The horses were lovely, a good ride. After a while we reached a shady spot with an easy mounting block. Nicki removed the saddles and we all rode right into the water! We rode around a little while with the water up to our knees, the horses half walking, half swimming, before heading back out, resaddling, and heading back. Nicki took photos so we'd have keepsakes. This was our first beach ride - we really felt good about the experience, and would recommend it to others.

Visited May 2012
Los Gatos, California
12 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Ride with Nicki”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My two daughters and my wife went on a beach and swim ride with Nicki. She taught them more about horseback riding during the two hour ride them they learned after many years of riding.

The ride was mostly on the beach witrh some swimming with the horses. My family loved it and said it was the highlight of thier trip (says something after great times in Cozumel, Belize, and Roatan). I could not recommend this tour more. They had a blast

Visited June 2012