“Great local Cayman Food & Wonderful Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Update restaurant details
Ranked #3 of 18 restaurants in West Bay
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Local Cayman food at it's very best. Recommended by all who have eaten there. Written up as the place to go to in the Cayman Islands by the New York Times.Heritage Kitchen lies snuggled next to Boggy Sands Road in West Bay, serving some of the best local food.Fresh fish fry, fritters and fish tea are some of the most popular dishes.Diners eat at wooden tables outside the tiny restaurant or can sit on the sea wall a few feet away and watch the waves.The restaurant is behind the Heritage shopping centre at the four-way stop.Open Wed/Thu 10 pm - 6 pm Fri/Sat 10 pm - 10 pm Sun 10 pm - 6 pm Barbeque Day!
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great local Cayman Food & Wonderful Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Ate at the Heritage Kitchen on our way back from a run through West Bay this afternoon. We had gotten caught up in the middle of a storm on the way back and ducked into Heritage Kitchen for food and cover. What a wonderful surprise! The Sunday Special BBQ was incredible and the grouper was some of the best I have ever had. As good as the food was, the staff was equally as impressive. Isley, the owner, and her sister shared a table with us, entertaining us with stories, island advice, and wonderful company while we waited for the weather to pass. If you are anywhere on Grand Cayman, Heritage Kitchen is well worth your time

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
“Yumyumyum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Got there 5 minutes to closing. Had a very good meal of kingfish with all the trimmings. I'd go back again and again

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bonita Springs, Florida
“Local Eats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Located West Bay behind a grocery store. The location is on the beach. Food is excellent local fare, fish tea, coconut grouper and BBQ on the weekends. Seating is outside with few tables but worth the try.

Visited May 2013
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We visit Grand Cayman 4 or 5 times a year. We always eat at Heritage Kitchen at least twice every time we visit. Sunday's barbecue is the best in the Caribbean. The Cayman style grouper is excellent. Dining is outside and ocean front. For casual dining it is one of the best on the island. Islee's plantains are so good.

• Visited May 2013
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“I was expecting more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This review is written on behalf of 4 people (a couple in mid sixties and a couple in mid 40s and 50s). We ate here on Sun 5/26 at about 2pm. We arrived at Cemetary Beach around 11:30 and went snorkeling. Then around 1:30 my husband and I walked to the Heritage Kitchen. We walked 'there' on the road and we walked back on the beach. The road walk was about 15 min and the beach walk about 10 min.

I had wanted the conch soup but she said she didn't have any. We ordered pan fried grouper, the cayman style mahi, the pineapple mahi and the curry chicken. We also ordered several lemonades. The lemonade was very tasty. When we got bac to Cemetary Beach we all tasted each others food. I collected all 4 peoples feedback to write this review. The pan fried grouper was very good. The curry chicken was tasteless. We make curry chicken at home and its spicy and favorful and were very disappointed with this version since it was so bland. Both of the mahi's were good, the cayman style was better than the pineapple. I'm the only one that tried the homemade hot sauce and it was 'ok'. The plantains were great (we live in Florida and eat them often) and they were like the ones we are already used to. The rice was ok. None of us enjoyed the hot potato salad side dish. My dad is the only one who enjoyed the fritter. Mine was hard, cold and tasteless.

The service was GREAT. The lady was social and friendly and when she found out we had walked there, she offered to drive us back to Cemetary Beach since we were carrying so much food. We declined, but I felt that was a very sweet offer.

I truely wish I would have liked the food better since I know this place gets wonderful reviews and I was hoping to love it like everyone else does.

• Visited May 2013