“Best experience of my trip!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 7 attractions in West Bay
Type: Horseback Riding Stables
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This beach trail ride takes you along one of Caymans unspoiled beaches while the sun rays shine gently on your skin.For an hour you can walk or trot,depending on your ability.Finally turning around at the mangrove forest,and heading back to the corral.Weather depending you can walk your horse in the surf.We try to keep the weight limit to 225 lbs.Don't miss this chance to enjoy this relaxing beach horse ride.
Colleyville, Texas
“Best experience of my trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My family and I were in Grand Cayman for 8 days and partook in tons of activities out there but this was by far the best. Troy picked us up from our hotel himself, picked out horses to best suit us, and made this a very memorable experience. The horses were in great condition, he doesn't take any of them out more than once a day, and it seemed like he genuinely cared about their health. I took riding lessons for a couple of years so he let me go ahead to trot and canter on and off. We went out into the ocean to swim with the horses and it was so beautiful, Troy was pointing out all of the stingrays in the water and talking to us about the history of the island. He even took photos for us! Overall this was the best experience of my trip and the next time my family and I go to Grand Cayman we'll make sure to stop by and go for another ride with Honeysuckle.

-Devon, visited August 1, 2012

Visited August 2012

Houston, Texas
“Excellent, highly customized and personable option”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

First, my wife and I had an excellent experience with the horses and staff. We failed to plan properly prior to arriving and this stable was more than willing to work with us on our schedule. They picked us up at our hotel exactly at 4 PM and dropped us off exactly at 6 PM, which is what we requested because of our dinner reservation. Whether the mangroves or the many conch shells, the beach was amazing and truly untouched. The ride is much longer and more thorough than others, including the part where they took us through the water. The staff was very personable and made us feel as if we were the only people on the beach. The handler who took us out, Teriko, also played photographer without us even asking, and at no additional charge. He was more than willing to snap many pictures of us and did so at good times. Plus, the pricing is very competitive. Fyi, for a personalized two-person (non-group) ride, the other stables were charging much more.

Second, and lastly, disregard the comments from the implied "horse experts" below. While yes, the stable was not top-of-the-line, it was more than adequate for the horses, and well within the bounds of humane treatment. They had plenty of visible access to water and food whenever they wanted, and some were not even chained up at all. Our horses were absolutely beautiful with no "scars" or "bad feet". If you want a "Kentucky Derby" style stable and equipment, you may want to go to a different island. There is absolutely no reason to have this setup here in the Cayman Islands. The proprietor of this stable was very knowledgeable of horses in general, especially his own. Our hotel concierge even went as far as to say that we specifically should not use certain "well advertised" stables, as they've had many issues dealing with them. It was at this point when she said she knows someone who would be great. Bottom line, she was right.

If you are looking for a customized, personal horse ride with a respectful and attentive staff, we highly, highly recommend Honeysuckle Beach Trail Rides. If you want an expensive, over-booked touristy option who may or may not make a mistake with your reservation, go with one of the bigger stables.

Visited July 2012
Amarillo, TX
“DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The beach is indeed lovely. However, the horses were extremely thin and also very dehydrated. No water was offered to the horses between tourists. The horses were ridden in nutcracker bits; these bits have long shanks and tight curb chains. No tourist should ride a horse in a nutcracker bit., because these bits are very severe. Most tourists lack enough experience with horse to use such a bit without injuring the horse's mouth. The horses were chained to posts with short, rusty chains, and they had no shelter at all. The saddles fit very poorly. The horses' feet are not in good condition. The proprietors use a kitchen step-stool to help clients mount. Between the safety violations and the animal welfare concerns, this business is not one I would EVER have patronized! There are other stables on Grand Cayman that treat their horses humanely. The Agriculture Department's animal welfare officer on the island is investigating this business, for obvious reasons.

Visited December 2011
Becker, Minnesota, United States
“Amazing, relaxing, beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

I had no idea where I was but as soon as we rode through the gate, a wonderful breeze and amazing view took my breath away. I had told the guide I knew how to ride and asked if I could go in the ocean. He did explain that you can't ride into the water in many places because the horses would sink. He walked with me and we did ride into the water up to my ankles! The horses were nice and calm and I had a relaxing walk along the ocean. I had no desire to go any faster- I was on vacation!

Visited February 2012
Godfrey,IL
“Just awesome and exactly what I had hoped it would be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

The two owners, Troy & Perry, were very friendly and professional! There were 4 women in our group, and Perry chose horses that fit our skills. It was exactly what I always wanted for a ride on a beachfront and in the water! We were picked up on time and dropped back off at our choice of location. Perry even took pictures with our cameras while we were riding! I would recommend this trip!

Visited June 2011