“Grand Experience in Grand Caymen” 5 of 5 stars

Cotton Tree
375 Conch Pointe Road | PO Box 31324, West Bay KY1-1206, Grand Cayman   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Bay
New Braunfels, Texas
“Grand Experience in Grand Caymen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our anniversary vacation in Grand Caymen. We stayed in the Thatch Cottage at the Cotton Tree and the entire experience exceeded our every expectation. As seasoned travelers, we have come to depend on reviews from Trip Advisor and want to make sure we let others know of our experience as well.

The accommodations are superb to say the least. From the manicured grounds to the interior appointments in the Thatch Cottage, we were not disappointed in the least. This truly is a "home away from home" as Heather and Leticia had thought of everything anyone would need during a visit - whether for a weekend or for a month's visit. While we spent most of our time out and about, either diving or exploring the island, the time we spent at the cottage was so luxuriously comfortable.

We enjoyed our morning coffee with the sunrise just off the beach in our private backyard and then enjoyed evening cocktails as the sun set. While the beach itself is not "swimmable," we did enjoy walking on the small stretch of sand as I searched for shells, crabs and fossilized brain corral.

Additionally, we received fabulous recommendations from Leticia and Heather from the best Dive Company to use (Brad Nelson with Caymen University Divers) to restaurants and things to do around the island.

Pictures are worth a thousand words so enjoy ours.

Room Tip: The Thatch Cottage is the furthest cottage and is the most isolated which we liked and has the best...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My wife and I visited Cotton Tree for one week with our 15 month old son. We had a tremendous time - Heather was very accomodating (she brought us games and toys for our child - also a swimming float etc). We had the private chef prepare a lunch basket for a trip to the beach - it was fantastic. We have spent many vacations at Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton's throughout the world - I would place Cotton Tree on the same level of service, quality of grounds, quality of food etc. Stay at Cotton Tree - You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed at Thatch - although - all the cottages looked amazing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My husband and I were invited to spend an evening at Cotton Tree with some friends who had booked one of the cottages for a birthday celebration - the location is fabulous - the cottages are absolutely perfect - beautifully done with absolutely everything you might need for a brief escape or a lengthy vacation - each cottage is nestled amongst such lovely landscaping that lends the perfect amount of privacy for your stay - there is a beautiful cabana overlooking the water where you can book a massage (which we did and I would highly recommend) - this was followed by a leisurely dinner served oceanside with many tasting courses all thoughtfully prepared by the in-house chef, Chef Jason. Chef Jason hails from Jamaica and was happy to work with us prior to our arrival on our likes and dislikes in addition to any special requests we might have - we enjoyed duck confit with jerk pineapple, bacon wrapped plantain, conch pepperpot soup, beef tenderloin and rack of lamb - a very memorable meal beautifully prepared and served by Chef Jason and his team - I would highly recommend a stay at Cotton Tree whether you live in Cayman and just want a weekend getaway (you really feel as though you're 'away from it all' without having to battle with airports and immigration!) or are looking for somewhere special to spend your time in Cayman and are looking for somewhere far more interesting than your bog standard impersonal hotel - I cannot recommend it highly enough and will be sure to return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

In mid-July, our family of four (incl. two teenagers) spent a week at Cotton Tree ..
This was our first trip to the Cayman Islands, and we wanted beauty, and peace and quiet in a luxurious setting. Cotton Tree was everything we wanted, and we could not have been happier. The cottages are beautiful, functional and perfectly cleaned and maintained - so many small details have been thought out and implemented, and the entire gorgeous property felt like home in no time at all.
Heather and Letitia provide wonderfully personal and caring service, happy to help plan everything and anything.
Most of our dinners were out, at local restaurants, but on two nights we were fortunate enough to enjoy in-House Chef Jason's creative meals -- local Caribbean fare as requested by us. The meals were a delicious luxury, served to us in our cottage.
Along with scuba diving, trying out various water sports, and endless hours in the stunning sea, we also spent many hours in, and around the lovely pool.
I also enjoyed an outdoor spa treatment - there is nothing like a good massage, accompanied by the sound of waves and a sea breeze ...
Our family cannot recommend this property any higher - and we would love to return sometime soon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed here in Thatch with our two children. We can't say enough great things about this place. The accommodations were perfect, lots to do for the kids and just complete relaxation with a perfect view and plenty of space for the kids to stretch out. It's kid-friendly but not over-run by children. Heather and team are fantastic -- they will take care of anything you need. Heather helped plan our trip months before we got there. We will indeed be back and you will regret going to Cayman and not trying Cotton Tree. It is one of those rare experiences that perfectly blends luxury, fun and service all in one.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Byron, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked this rental after viewing multiple places for our family of four to have a good week long vacation in the Cayman Islands. We like to have a suite or a two bedroom place so we can all get a good night's rest-which is hard with two children in the room. We decided on Cotton Tree after viewing all of the good reviews and after having correspondence with Heather and Letitia. From the get-go, I was pleased with their prompt answers, thorough explanations, and genuine care of everything I asked about. Everything you see in the pictures is exactly what you will get when you arrive.

We rented the Seagrape Cottage. I was unsure of the difference of the cottages but once I was there, I saw it was the same layout, just a different view. Each cottage has their own lanai, lounge chair area, and is very private. We didn't encounter any other guests until day #4 and that was just coming and going. It is a gated area, so I felt safe having my 11 and 12 year old roam around and I could leave them to go get groceries. The gate was easy to use with their remote control, and the cottage was protected as well.

The cottage is just breathtaking. It is so beautifully decorated, I would just live there if I could! The housekeeping ladies clean the place so well each day that it looks like it is ready for the next guests to arrive. They definitely went above and beyond all of my expectations.

I am usually sore after sleeping in hotel beds of any kind, and I was pleasantly surprised with these beds. Even my kids commented on how comfortable they were. The linens are very high quality, towels are heavenly thick, and the soaps and shampoos they supply are wonderful. We have rented a few homes in Florida before and they do not supply different items such as paper towels, dish soap, and detergent for clothes washer. Cotton Tree supplied all of these things, which was a nice touch. They also supplied cereal, milk upon arrival, limeade (that was wonderful!) aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc. It was nice to cook a meal and have everything we needed right there. The kids were happy to have Mac & Cheese in the middle of a vacation too!

Renting a car in the Caymans was just fine. This location is easy to get to and from major areas and we enjoyed the short drive to and from our destinations. The restaurant nearest is Pappagallo's and it was just wonderful-we went there twice! Letitia told us about Al Frescos as well and that was a great location with a beautiful view! Don't let the location deter you-get a jeep, have fun touring the island, and come and go easily from this wonderful place!

I cannot say enough good about Cotton Tree and their staff. Everyone and everything was just perfect. If you stay here, I promise you won't be disappointed! My only regret was we didn't stay long enough-we never got to use the pool! We will be back and look forward to our next stay with Cotton Tree!

Room Tip: All cottages are the same setup, 2 Bedrooms with 2 bathrooms. Thatch has the best ocean view, Seagra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Heather, Letitia were wonderful and very helpful. We have been going to the Cayman Islands for the past 26 years. I thought I have been there done that until now. Cotton Tree is the culmination of everything you love about the Cayman Islands, peaceful, beautiful and friendly. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Cotton Tree? Share your experiences!