My husband and I just returned from our anniversary vacation in Grand Caymen. We stayed in the Thatch Cottage at the Cotton Tree and the entire experience exceeded our every expectation. As seasoned travelers, we have come to depend on reviews from Trip Advisor and want to make sure we let others know of our experience as well.
The accommodations are superb to say the least. From the manicured grounds to the interior appointments in the Thatch Cottage, we were not disappointed in the least. This truly is a "home away from home" as Heather and Leticia had thought of everything anyone would need during a visit - whether for a weekend or for a month's visit. While we spent most of our time out and about, either diving or exploring the island, the time we spent at the cottage was so luxuriously comfortable.
We enjoyed our morning coffee with the sunrise just off the beach in our private backyard and then enjoyed evening cocktails as the sun set. While the beach itself is not "swimmable," we did enjoy walking on the small stretch of sand as I searched for shells, crabs and fossilized brain corral.
Additionally, we received fabulous recommendations from Leticia and Heather from the best Dive Company to use (Brad Nelson with Caymen University Divers) to restaurants and things to do around the island.
Pictures are worth a thousand words so enjoy ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique cottages set along the Caribbean Sea in Grand Cayman, Cotton Tree embodies the spirit of the Caymans while offering a distinctive oasis of relaxation and indulgence. Four, two-bedroom cottages provide classic contemporary furnishings, old-plantation style architecture, state-of-the-art appliances and design, and the latest technological comforts coupled with options such as a private chef, Caymanian cookouts, a fresh water pool, spa, and individualized tours and excursion services. Independently owned and operated, Cotton Tree is committed to providing guests with a tailored, unique Caymanian experience. Cotton Tree is closed yearly during the period of September 1st - October 15th. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Cotton Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel West Bay
- Cotton Tree Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands