“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in West Bay
Byron, Minnesota, United States
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We booked this rental after viewing multiple places for our family of four to have a good week long vacation in the Cayman Islands. We like to have a suite or a two bedroom place so we can all get a good night's rest-which is hard with two children in the room. We decided on Cotton Tree after viewing all of the good reviews and after having correspondence with Heather and Letitia. From the get-go, I was pleased with their prompt answers, thorough explanations, and genuine care of everything I asked about. Everything you see in the pictures is exactly what you will get when you arrive.

We rented the Seagrape Cottage. I was unsure of the difference of the cottages but once I was there, I saw it was the same layout, just a different view. Each cottage has their own lanai, lounge chair area, and is very private. We didn't encounter any other guests until day #4 and that was just coming and going. It is a gated area, so I felt safe having my 11 and 12 year old roam around and I could leave them to go get groceries. The gate was easy to use with their remote control, and the cottage was protected as well.

The cottage is just breathtaking. It is so beautifully decorated, I would just live there if I could! The housekeeping ladies clean the place so well each day that it looks like it is ready for the next guests to arrive. They definitely went above and beyond all of my expectations.

I am usually sore after sleeping in hotel beds of any kind, and I was pleasantly surprised with these beds. Even my kids commented on how comfortable they were. The linens are very high quality, towels are heavenly thick, and the soaps and shampoos they supply are wonderful. We have rented a few homes in Florida before and they do not supply different items such as paper towels, dish soap, and detergent for clothes washer. Cotton Tree supplied all of these things, which was a nice touch. They also supplied cereal, milk upon arrival, limeade (that was wonderful!) aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc. It was nice to cook a meal and have everything we needed right there. The kids were happy to have Mac & Cheese in the middle of a vacation too!

Renting a car in the Caymans was just fine. This location is easy to get to and from major areas and we enjoyed the short drive to and from our destinations. The restaurant nearest is Pappagallo's and it was just wonderful-we went there twice! Letitia told us about Al Frescos as well and that was a great location with a beautiful view! Don't let the location deter you-get a jeep, have fun touring the island, and come and go easily from this wonderful place!

I cannot say enough good about Cotton Tree and their staff. Everyone and everything was just perfect. If you stay here, I promise you won't be disappointed! My only regret was we didn't stay long enough-we never got to use the pool! We will be back and look forward to our next stay with Cotton Tree!

Room Tip: All cottages are the same setup, 2 Bedrooms with 2 bathrooms. Thatch has the best ocean view, Seagra...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Bonita Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Heather, Letitia were wonderful and very helpful. We have been going to the Cayman Islands for the past 26 years. I thought I have been there done that until now. Cotton Tree is the culmination of everything you love about the Cayman Islands, peaceful, beautiful and friendly. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Heather Lockington is a truly gracious host and this lovely boutique resort is exquisite. Each cottage is wonderfully arranged with a spacious living area and full kitchen and lovely sitting porch. Bedrooms are very sexy and you'll love the showers! From the moment you are invited in through the gate (no doubt by Heather or Leticia) onto the lush grass drive, you will realize you have arrived a very special place. After settling in our room we took a dip in the pool, beautifully situated near but not on top of the cottages. The ample well-kept grass areas are a delight to walk on and add to the charm of Cotton Tree. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner, prepared and served by Chef Jason (young, charming, very talented and obviously well-educated in culinary art) on our private gazebo next to the sea and just steps from our cottage. The entire experience at Cotton Tree was delightful...we will definitely return!!

Room Tip: Every cottage is ideal! Each is situated next to the sea with beautifully manicured lawn and flora...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband, 4-year-old son and I just returned from our 2nd stay at Cotton Tree. We enjoyed 8 wonderful days soaking up the sun, splashing in the wonderful pool, taking long walks on the beach and playing in the sand. I was fortunate enough to also enjoy a fantastic outdoor massage which the staff helped set up as well as an unforgettable horseback ride on the beach. Chef Jason prepared an awesome meal for us one evening. I highly suggest hiring his services is you plan on visiting. You will not be disappointed. Returning to the same destination can sometimes be boring but this was not the case for us. Cotton Tree continues to deliver and our 2nd visit was just as great as the first…if not more!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our main reason for holidaying in the Cayman Islands was the diving (which was fantastic), and to be honest, the rest of the trip was a bit of an after thought. Initially, we considered staying on 7 mile beach in one of the larger hotels, but when when we came across Cotton Tree we thought it it would be much more up our street.

And we definitely did not regret this decision. The entire property with the four houses is absolutely beautiful and laid out in a way so that you feel like you're the only people staying there; our house (Almond) was perfect for our family (having a fully equipped and modern kitchen gave us so much flexibility in terms of needing to eat in/out); and the pool was absolutely divine. Another great aspect of Cotton Tree was its location on the island. Being away from the main tourist area meant the beach was completely empty most of the time, and the wildlife reserve next door was stunning.

Cotton Tree was perfect for us because it was so relaxing and so beautiful. And if we ever return to the Cayman Islands we'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I can’t say enough about Heather, Letitia and the staff of the Cotton Tree. I surprised my girlfriend with a trip to Grand Cayman where I proposed. Heather and Letitia helped me plan a fantastic day that we will remember for a lifetime. Heather even went so far as to use her connections to make our flight on Cayman Airlines extra special. We started out the morning with a private horseback down the beach with Niki (a hundred yards from The Cotton Tree) and swam in the crystal clear Caribbean with the horses. We returned to The Cotton Tree where a delicious boxed lunch was waiting or us. A short cab latter we were at the marina jumping onto a 46 foot sailboat with Neil of Sail Cayman. We swam, snorkeled, fed stingrays and enjoyed a perfect day of sailing. Neil did a great job of keeping my secret until I popped the question as we sailed off into the sunset. That night Heather greeted us back at The Cotton Tree where she helped arrange a private chef, Jason, to cook us a glutinous celebratory candle lit dinner on the beach.
The accommodations at The Cotton Tree are fantastic. There are only four individual high tech homes on the property. We felt like we had our own private resort. Anything we asked for was taken care of immediately and with a smile. The grounds are immaculate, which include a stylish spa beach hut in which my fiancé enjoyed a massage with the natural sounds of the ocean and Caribbean bird songs. We have stayed at many other 5 star hotels and resorts and The Cotton Tree has now become our favorite. We can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ridgewood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We have been to Grand Cayman four times and Cotton Tree is "hands down" the nicest resort on the island. How many times have you ever stayed in a place where the pictures on the website didn't do the reality justice? The surroundings were impeccably maintained, the cottage was spacious, bright, clean and fully stocked, and the pool area was gorgeous. We extended our stay because we couldn't tear ourselves away. All the staff at Cotton Tree were extremely helpful and the customer service was outstanding. We can't wait to return. We wouldn't stay anywhere else. Not the Ritz, not the Westin, not the Beach Suites, nowhere but Cotton Tree. Thank you, Heather, for providing a wonderful experience and plenty of family memories. See you soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Cotton Tree? Share your experiences!