We booked this rental after viewing multiple places for our family of four to have a good week long vacation in the Cayman Islands. We like to have a suite or a two bedroom place so we can all get a good night's rest-which is hard with two children in the room. We decided on Cotton Tree after viewing all of the good reviews and after having correspondence with Heather and Letitia. From the get-go, I was pleased with their prompt answers, thorough explanations, and genuine care of everything I asked about. Everything you see in the pictures is exactly what you will get when you arrive.
We rented the Seagrape Cottage. I was unsure of the difference of the cottages but once I was there, I saw it was the same layout, just a different view. Each cottage has their own lanai, lounge chair area, and is very private. We didn't encounter any other guests until day #4 and that was just coming and going. It is a gated area, so I felt safe having my 11 and 12 year old roam around and I could leave them to go get groceries. The gate was easy to use with their remote control, and the cottage was protected as well.
The cottage is just breathtaking. It is so beautifully decorated, I would just live there if I could! The housekeeping ladies clean the place so well each day that it looks like it is ready for the next guests to arrive. They definitely went above and beyond all of my expectations.
I am usually sore after sleeping in hotel beds of any kind, and I was pleasantly surprised with these beds. Even my kids commented on how comfortable they were. The linens are very high quality, towels are heavenly thick, and the soaps and shampoos they supply are wonderful. We have rented a few homes in Florida before and they do not supply different items such as paper towels, dish soap, and detergent for clothes washer. Cotton Tree supplied all of these things, which was a nice touch. They also supplied cereal, milk upon arrival, limeade (that was wonderful!) aluminum foil, saran wrap, etc. It was nice to cook a meal and have everything we needed right there. The kids were happy to have Mac & Cheese in the middle of a vacation too!
Renting a car in the Caymans was just fine. This location is easy to get to and from major areas and we enjoyed the short drive to and from our destinations. The restaurant nearest is Pappagallo's and it was just wonderful-we went there twice! Letitia told us about Al Frescos as well and that was a great location with a beautiful view! Don't let the location deter you-get a jeep, have fun touring the island, and come and go easily from this wonderful place!
I cannot say enough good about Cotton Tree and their staff. Everyone and everything was just perfect. If you stay here, I promise you won't be disappointed! My only regret was we didn't stay long enough-we never got to use the pool! We will be back and look forward to our next stay with Cotton Tree!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury boutique cottages set along the Caribbean Sea in Grand Cayman, Cotton Tree embodies the spirit of the Caymans while offering a distinctive oasis of relaxation and indulgence. Four, two-bedroom cottages provide classic contemporary furnishings, old-plantation style architecture, state-of-the-art appliances and design, and the latest technological comforts coupled with options such as a private chef, Caymanian cookouts, a fresh water pool, spa, and individualized tours and excursion services. Independently owned and operated, Cotton Tree is committed to providing guests with a tailored, unique Caymanian experience. Cotton Tree is closed yearly during the period of September 1st - October 15th. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Cotton Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cotton Tree Hotel West Bay
- Cotton Tree Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands