We had seen mixed reviews on this place (Interval International rated them with a gold seal) and remained hopeful that it would meet our standards. Unfortunately, we ended up very disappointed.
• First glance of property
o Abandoned construction site on Northside of property. (see picture)
o Foul ball netting from golf course falling down. (see picture)
o Front view of property (by lobby) has a large archaic satellite antenna. (see picture)
o Some security doors have duct tape over security readers
o Some entryways are filthy with stained walkways (spilled food/drink??) on them. (see picture)
o Outside BBQ area was an eyesore. (see picture)
• First impression of staff at reception desk
o Unpleasant and unprofessional staff
o Not very informative/not well trained.
o Seemed frustrated with having to make excuses regarding;
Lack of beach towels
Limited amount of bathroom accessories; soap, shampoo, toilet paper, etc.
• First impression of our connecting rooms (1322 & 1320)
o Extremely outdated
TV’s were at least 15 years old. (see picture)
DVD/VCR combo at least 15 years old. (see picture)
Curtains that are so old/dry rotted you can see light through them. (see picture)
o Extremely filthy.
The smell in the hall outside our room was horrific.
The floor was so dirty and sticky we had to wear flip flops when walking around inside our rooms. (see picture)
When my daughter went to take a shower there was a used bar of soap and shampoo not thrown out from prior guests.
Many of the plates, bowls and utensils look like they were not cleaned prior to putting them away.
o We had to go to the store to get Clorox wipes, Windex, Paper towels, etc. to clean the place so we felt comfortable sleeping there.
o We washed all the dishes and also all the towels since we were concerned they weren’t cleaned properly.
o There was a power spike that occurred on Thursday, December 25th that knocked out the A/C units from 4pm – until sometime on Friday, December 26th. As you can imagine…..not a very great night sleep when your room is 83 degrees.
o Main patio area had major water damage on single door. (see picture). The slider had quite a bit of rust and was extremely hard to open and close by anyone but myself.
I hope this helps others see the true state of the property. If you have above failing standards, go somewhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands