My wife and I have visited Grand Cayman many times always staying on seven mile beach. We were a little concerned about the hotels' distance from the "beach". However, the other features of the hotel more than made up for a 10 min. drive to the ocean side of the island. First, our room was enormous and clean and very nicely decorated. We had a suite, and the large kitchen allowed us to cook many of our meals. Grocery stores are nearby. Second, with the hotel being on the "Sound" side of the island, you don't have much of a swimming beach, but you do have a nice pool, jet skies, and boating options off the pier.
You will need a car to have a relaxed stay unless you are just visiting for a few days to go diving with pick up from the hotel.
My only disappointment was the lack of espresso coffee on the property. But, you can drive 5 Min. to several nice coffee houses. The staff was very friendly and the onsite restaurant was actually good and cheaper than many others on the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Expedia, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands