My wife and I stayed here 4 nights during the first week of Dec. 2104 and loved it. We had a suite though we never used the kitchen or the washer/dryer. The staff was helpful and friendly and we enjoyed breakfasts and dinners at the Blue Iguana restaurant. Our room was clean well maintained. We were able to buy snacks and soda in the lobby.
We did not rent a car, but relied on taxis, buses, or shuttles. We used the hotel shuttle to go to Georgetown, although the last run back to the hotel during the week was 4:30 pm (later on weekends), and taxi rate back in the evening was US$23. We also took the Turtle Farm's shuttle up to their facility. The driver from the Turtle farm even took us over to the Hell Post Office on the way back so we didn't have to walk there either. As other reviewers have mentioned, the Holiday Inn is a long walk from the Seven-Mile Beach, but the Inn's shuttle dropped off beach goers on our way into Georgetown and arranged the time to pick them up.
To see other attractions on the island (Queen's Botanical Garden, Pedro's Castle), we used the hotel's shuttle to go into Georgetown, then walked to the bus depot, where the dispatcher was very helpful to arrange for the drivers to make a side trip to drop us off. The botanical garden then called the bus for us, and it was only a short walk from Pedro's Castle to the main road to catch a bus. I think the bus ran US$15 for 2 from Georgetown to the botanical garden and US$5 each back from Pedro's (vs. US$40 for a cab). So, although the Holiday Inn is a bit isolated from the main road along Seven-Mile Beach, it wasn't a problem for us.
We didn't use the pool or the beach area and the wind was too strong so trips to Sting-Ray City were cancelled, but the hotel's location is convenient for water activities in the Sound.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands