“Okay if you don't like to sleep” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman

You added Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   278 Crighton Drive | Crystal Harbour, West Bay, Grand Cayman (Formerly The Grand Caymanian Resort)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in West Bay
Ocoee
“Okay if you don't like to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Not really sure how to review. The hotel was fine and staff was cordial. There were a few things that come along with a hotel upgrading and taking a new Brand. The rooms were nice and seemed to be recently upgraded. The one thing that ruined my vacation was the fact that they had a rooster wake me up every night I was there. It did not wake my kids up, but It did my wife and I which ruined it for me. I actually got up 2 nights and chased it off property at 4:45 am. The attitude is what bothered me. All they said was there are roosters all over the island and there was nothing they could do. I actually showed them where it lived and they just looked at it an said okay. They did not bother to try. They also only had 1 person at the desk after 11. No other person on property for the company. I guess that was why they wouldn't chase it away. I will not be returning because of this. It's a shame because it could have been a great vacation. Hopefully they figure it out. If they fix this probable, it would be a relaxing resort. Just make sure you rent a car if you plan on leaving the resort. It's a great island and you need to be able to get around since this resort is so out of the away. The last day we snorkeled and found 20 starfish off the dock. breakfast was had good options.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Scott M,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am pleased to know that you found our staff cordial and rooms nice. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the inconvenience the noise issues you have encountered may have caused you. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Bentonville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic staff! Extremely clean room! I was upgraded to a pool view sweet for no charge and used my Priorty Points for the entire stay! The front desk was extremely accomadating! Some of the best ever!

The pool was big and wonderful! We swam quite a bit!

It was very quiet, which we really liked! It was restful and I slept more than I ever do, which is saying something!!

Our room was gigantic! Full size appliances, dual sink bathroom, huge bedroom, 42" TV in the living room! Very updated and very clean!

You can take the shuttle for free, but if you want to get out a rental car is your best bet.

I foresee my family staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013
philly pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I come to Grand Cayman twice a year for pure relaxation......my work at times can be so stressful that I need a real vacation in a place where peace and solitude can be found....somewhere that you can make new friends and meet some old ones from past visits...a place to sit back and throw back some tropical cocktails...a place where the staff always knows your name and how to treat you...a place where the accommodations are superb and the location is far enough yet close enough to all you want to do....oh,and by the way..a place where some crazy cousins pop up out of the blue......remember you cousins,next April you'll finally get to see Rum Point and the Barefootman!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed here in June for our belated honeymoon. We loved it. The suite we stayed in was immaculate and extremely roomy, as was the pool area. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to see to our needs. The hotel on the grounds, The Blue Iguana, had delicious food and a friendly staff. They offered evening activities such as karaoke and movie nights if you wished to participate. The golf course next door was an easy walk. The only drawback at all was that traveling to any other place required transportation. Yet the hotel offers a free shuttle service during the day, and if you want to go out in the evening, cabs are very quick to show up. Action Water Sports on the grounds offers Stingray City tours from right out back, as well as trips to Rum Point, etc. Divers Down has a branch in the building, and they offer plenty of scuba opportunities for you. If we ever go back to Grand Cayman, we will definitely be returning to the Grand Caymanian Resort!

Room Tip: When we were there, we originally asked for ocean view. But when we looked out, there was construct...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

After a complete renovation the hotel is now rebranded as a Holiday Inn...it's very nice. Everything is new except the original building and it looks nice, Great beach and pool, adjacent to a nice public golf course. Is off the beaten path and signage to it is very poor so spot it on the IHG web site map for the hotel so you know where you are going. Sound proofing between adjoining rooms is poor. I was upgraded to a suite which had a complete kitchen. Ideal place for long stays in the winter. Staff was very nice.

Room Tip: it's a quiet location but not walking distance to anything except golf.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Standish, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

My cousin and I went to the Grand Caymanian the last week in April and had a great time.
The resort is off the beaten path but very relaxing. The rooms are very clean and comfortable.
They also have a free shuttle that will take you to the 7 mile beach, Georgetown and the grocery store.
Which is a great perk. They have an outdoor barbecue where you can grill your own steaks, burgers, etc.
Another great extra. However renting a car is a must to get around the whole island which we didn't do and should have. So next time we go hopefully next April we will have to rent a car. There are so many awesome sites to see such as stingray city, starfish point and 7 mile beach. Grand cayman is such a beautiful place.
We met some very nice people who made our stay there very fun and enjoyable. Right Mr. smooth operator?? LOL
The staff is very helpful and friendly and should be ackknowledged as they are committed to making your stay the best it can be. I feel it is important to let the staff know that they do make a difference! So a big thank you to,.Ada,Lisa, and Fernando who out of there way to make our meal times very enjoyable.The
food at the resort is very good and probably the most least expensive place to eat on the island. Fernando
was very entertaining to say the least and very funny! Thanks Fernando for making the drink called the dirty banana....yummy
When we were planning our trip to Grand Cayman i spoke with Natalia several times at the resort and she was extremely nice and helpful.
After getting settled in at the resort we went to go find Natalia to meet her. Much to our surprise she is not only an asset to the resort but
a very kind and generous person. She had asked us what we would like to see on the island and much to our surprise she took us there herself !! She knew we hadn't rented car and she spent several hours after her long day at work taking us around to places we wouldn't have seen if it wasn't for her. Thank you so much Natalia!!
You are the BEST...
See you next year!
The cousins from Maine
J and J

• Stayed April 2013
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I am a long term resident on the island and I was invited to attend a mix and mingles this week and was very surprised. What a change! What used to be a time share is now a full size hotel. They even built a pool bar! The food and freshly made drinks that were served was delicious, the staff was super friendly and clearly enjoyed what they were doing. What a great addition to the Cayman hotel scene and also much needed. Can't wait until they start with their Sunday brunch as promised by their food manager Martin, see you soon!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman? Share your experiences!