This place is indeed "off the beaten path", which is fine if you do not plan to leave the property much, if at all. The property was officially re-flagged mid-week during our stay, and I have to give them credit for the sprucing up I saw going on around the property the last 2 or 3 days. This place is neither "Grand" nor would I call it a "resort", really. We booked here on a time share exchange and regretted not choosing the Morritt's Tortuga Club on the East End.
To their credit the staff at this property was very friendly and most helpful, and overall, the place was very clean. We did stay in a room with a view of the water and pool area. We were trying to figure out if the sand that constituted the landscaping was there on purpose or if there was grass there originally and during Hurricane Ivan it got over-washed with sand and they decided not to re-plant? Our room was spacious and clean, however, the washing machine would only function on the Rinse cycle, the dryer could only dry two towels at a time and that took nearly 2 hours to accomplish. (we brought our own beach towels, as we were there to spend the week snorkeling) They do have beach towels available at the pool, however, and I did opt to use them the final day of our stay to avoid the pain of trying to dry ours in preparation for packing. We did call and report the washing machine and dryer, and the washing machine was fixed, but the dryer never improved. Also, I discovered just as we were leaving that the dishwasher was broken and did not function either. (I hand washed the two bowls we used for breakfast each morning, and we picked up food and ate in the room only a couple of times, so, running it was not a necessity until we were ready to leave, only to discover it didn't function)
Please know that there is no beach at this place, nor is there any snorkeling. We spent hours driving each day to various spots on the island in pursuit of places to snorkel. We ate one meal at the onsite restaurant, upon arrival and the food was good. I had the pan fried Snapper and Gary had a burger. The Service was friendly and on "island time", but, heck, what are you there for anyway??!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the northern coast of The Grand Cayman Island, The Grand Caymanian Resort takes any ordinary vacation and will transform your trip into the ultimate restful, romantic, and fun getaway. Just off the beaten path in Crystal Harbour overlooking the beautiful North Sound, our resort provides quiet tranquility for those seeking relaxation. Lay out by the pool, or take a leisurely swim in the stunning, crystal clear ocean. Our property also features amenities for those looking for a bit of fun. Rent from our on-site Jetski rentals, or grab some bikes and explore the Island at a slower place with the entire family. Guests can choose from modern rooms and suites, featuring balconies and gorgeous views of our beautiful island. The sun rises directly over the center of the resort each morning, so catch the sunrise, and then catch up on sleep later with a little poolside nap. With a private, secluded location, rentals for fun in the sun, and close proximity to Seven Mile Beach, our Grand Caymanian Resort is the perfect vacation spot for families, honeymooners, and local staycations. We look forward to welcoming you with our warmest hospitality soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Caymanian Hotel Grand Cayman
- Grand Caymanian Hotel
- Grand Caymanian Resort
- Hotel Grand Caymanian
- Holiday Inn Resort Grand Cayman Cayman Islands