“Just a Very Good Stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest Ivanhoe

You added Quest Ivanhoe to your Saves list
Quest Ivanhoe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   72-84 Upper Heidelberg Road, Ivanhoe, Banyule, Victoria 3079, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Ivanhoe
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Just a Very Good Stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We stayed about one week in a two bedroomed apartment and about another in a one bedroomed during the Christmas and New Year period. The second was on a higher floor and we even managed to view some fireworks while sipping wine from the balcony on New Year's Eve.
Service especially at the reception was very good. They even took care of our bags while we went gallivanting after our checkout on the last day!
The apartments were self-contained with all the cooking facilities. Add that to the supermarket downstairs and the restaurants along the road, eating was very convenient. The train to town was a lovely short walk away and means no traffic jams or need to drive or park in town.
The only con is that there is no free wifi and internet is by a cable. You have an option of payment by hour, day or week. Even then it was not very fast.
All in all we had a very nice stay and hope to be back again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I highly recommend the Quest Ivanhoe for anyone traveling to Melbourne. I arrived here after two days of travel from the US, and the Quest Ivanhoe was my first welcome to Australia. And what a wonderful welcome! The front office staff - Brian, Steve, Glenys, Pauline, and Greg - made everything feel like home, and made everything so easy for me. They gave me great guidance on what to do, what to see, and how to get there. They made special arrangements for my transportation, and made sure everything worked perfectly. The housekeeping staff were so helpful, too. The location is ideal. It was so easy to get food, etc. - everything is within walking distance or a train ride away. A great place, with absolutely superb people!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here overnight while on a conference. I was running late but fortunately the front desk called to check on where I was. My GPS was telling me it was somewhere else so thank goodness he called me!

PROS
- self contained with a Woolworths almost next door
- secure parking
- clean

CONS
- single room was quite compact. Not too small but not spacious either.
- there were no spare blankets in my room and the bedding was very light. I was cold. There was a heater but I didn't want it blowing on me all night so I just put more clothes on. I informed reception the next day (as the reception attendant had left for the night) so hopefully it'll be addressed.

Room Tip: TIPS - I think my room backed on to a train line with some infrequent trains (or else there was a t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Meaning to write this review for a while now, thought it worthwhile to comment.
Stayed here for 2 weeks whilst having insurance work done at our home.
We
Stayed in a 2 bedroom( interconnecting apartment) both rooms were self contained with mini kitchen and laundry facilities in the bathroom. Apartments had everything you require, not overly big but big enough for the 3 of us.
Everything was cleaned and well maintained but our apartment was dark and looked out onto another set of rooms so no privacy at all unless curtains closed. If you stay here and view is important talk to the managers first.
Very close to train station( just behind apartments) great coffee shops and places to eat at your
Doorstep.
15 minute drive to the city ( max) out of peak hour but buses and trains very convenient.
If I had to stay here
Again for insurance or businessI wouldn't hesitate.

• Stayed October 2012
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you need to stay in Ivanhoe then this is a nice all suites style hotel with spacious rooms and good facilities. Well located in the centre of the town and friendly staff with good car parking. I would be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Adelaide, South Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Quest Ivanhoe is a very good place to stay for a business trip.
The full kitchen is a great addition when not wanting to sit and eat all alone. It allows me to make my choice of what I want to eat with the supermarket just out the door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have stayed at the Quest Ivanhoe on many occasions over the past three years and I have always found it to be an enjoyable experience.
As always, it's the staff that can make a stay enjoyable and the team at this hotel do an excellent job of doing just that.
I am always made to feel at home and treated more like a friend than just another customer.
I request to stay here, through my work, and find it an ideal location for what I need. I dislike staying in the city, however, should you wish to travel there the train station is just across the road and it is just a short trip to Flinders Street Station.
I generally stay in a larger self-contained unit where I can cook for myself, however there are many different restaurants just a short stroll up the street and Woolworths can be found directly under the building. There are also some excellent delicatessens and bakeries are in the immediate area.
I would recommend staying here to anybody and look forward to my next visit there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Quest Ivanhoe? Share your experiences!