“We are back again” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Southampton, United Kingdom
“We are back again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We visited Chef Da China last week with a few of my relatives and friends as it was my uncles 30th birthday. Excellent service and food once again, Chef Da China never seems to let us down. I'm not quite sure why there is bad reviews here, as we all enjoyed ourselves very much. Thank you Chef Da China for making it a very special birthday for my uncle.

• Visited February 2013

80% Recommend
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“not the friendliest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Chef da China serves delicious Chinese food at a reasonable price but the staff are not the friendlest and one tends to feel grateful to them for choosing to serve one with a meal!! A more relaxed atmosphere is called for here but the food is lovely though served on small plates! Probably better for the figure! I have been here several times but have always felt the same rather unwelcoming atmosphere which I am sure is not intended, but nevertheless intrudes on an otherwise delightful dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bournemouth
“poor service staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Unfortunately whilst the food is very good here, the visit to the restaurent is totally spoilt by the lady waitress who is nearly always on duty. She is extremely unapproachable, and I have found on each occasion that we have visited I have felt on edge making any request,i.e for an extra napkin,chopsticks as these are not routinely put out at luunchtime. It is also extremely cold. Whilst the food is very nice I, friends and family will not be visiting again. I feel strongly having a background in restaurent management that part of a customers enjoyment apart from the food is the whole atmosphere and general all round feeling of their time spent there..

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
“Lovely.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have been to Chef da China for events and for general dining.

It is Peking and Cantonese cuisine with take away available.

The events were New Years Eve and Valentines Day and the set menu was lovely.

The staff are friendly, speedy and respectful of your dining experience.

It has become a firm favourite with family and friends.

The driveway tho unpaved has recently been filled so pothole free at the moment but the slow approach does not detract from a lovely experience.

• Visited September 2012
Southampton, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

I read all the good reviews on Chef Da China and decided i'll give it a try, I'm glad I did! I was greeted with a very warm welcome and shown to my table efficiently. The service here is absolutely fab, very attentive and served with a smile is what I like best. The food is out of this world, best chinese I've had if I must say!!! Me and my friends (6 of us) was very impressed and enjoyed ourselves a lot and we will definately be back no doubt!

• Visited July 2012