Stayed there for 5 days and we loved it.
We had the Cabana next to Bibi's - great ocean view and everything (hot water, toilet, AC, etc, electricity, fly-screen...) worked well. Room got cleaned every day including new towels!
We ate at Bibi's every day - due to the very good quality (try the lobster) and the execellent cocktails (try the Pina Colada) - and of course the short way :-)
Bram (the owner) was very kindly to us and helped us a lot, e.g. to find a chiropracticor (I had severe backaches) or to show us Isla Bastimentos (visit the Red Frog Beach!). If you have any problems, he will surely help you.
Take care about the sand flies. Be sure to protect yourself (e.g. with NoBite or just use the oil you can get at Bibi's), than there is no problem. Sand flies are not only at Buccanner Resort, they are at the whole archipel, just for your information...
If we are in the area again, we will definitely come back and enjoy the good atmosphere.
Thanks a lot for your help, Bram! Hope you enjoyed our farewell present :-) We are so much looking forward to come back again!! :-)
Jana and Steffen
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small resort/hotel on Isla Carenero across from Bocas on Colon Island. Recently purchased, and being completely renovated. A white sandy beach on the south-east stretch of the island provides a great starting point for many local activities. A new Royal 2-bedroom suite has been added with a full kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Despegar.com so you can book your Buccaneer Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel Carenero Island
- Buccaneer Resort Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro