Tierra Verde was exactly what I was looking for on my solo adventure to Panama/Costa Rica last January. I flew into Panama for NYE and spent 3 days with a friend of a friend. I told my friend I was on my way to Bocas del Toro, after a quick stop in David. She told me of a her friend Cookie, who owns Tierra Verde. It was a long journey on multiple buses to get there from Panama City, but so relaxing once I finally made it.
Bocas is a unique archipelago of small islands, where you commute back and forth by way of $1-2 water taxis. Carenero Island is very short hop of the main island of Colon. It's nice to be away from the madness across the water in this beautiful bed & breakfast, but still be close enough to the action if you so desire.
Cookie provided me a good size one bedroom with private bath for a very reasonable price, which included a nice continental breakfast in the morning. He provided terrific tips on where to go and when, and even came out for an evening on his night off. I also met two Brazilian brothers who were staying there for two weeks enjoying the terrific waves around the various islands, as well as an older gentleman who was staying at Tierra Verde for an extended period as he built his own private residence just around the corner. Only downside of Bocas was the sand flies, mean little suckers that pack a big punch around the ankles. Wear your bug spray.
I personally enjoyed visiting the various islands and renting a bike on Colon for a nice long cruise, even right along the beach at one point. Great waves, three toed sloths, and plenty of flora and fauna. Tierra Verde was the perfect location for everything.
- Also Known As:
- Tierra Verde Hotel
- Tierra Verde Hotel Bocas Del Toro Province
- Tierra Verde Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel located into a lush, tropical setting, and carribean ocean to view. Each room comes with Ac, Cable Tv, hot water and wifi. A stretch of beach and restaurants are in walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Tierra Verde reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.