My daughter and I spent 2 nights here in July. No problem finding it, we thought BocasTown would be too loud and busy so wanted to spend time away from there. In July, Bocas is pretty quiet, so our theory that Bocas town would be too busy was wrong.Either way, we really enjoyeyed Careening Cay. The owner Steve showed us a few rooms and made sure we picked the one we were happiest with (ended up being one of the over-water Tahitian style cabins). Accomodations were tight (basically a bed and a head) but the ability to see the moving water thru the cracks in the floor planks outweighed anything. The shower was great, incredible water pressure. Teh water taxis were easy. Best of all, the dinner at Kosmic Krab. The best dinner of our 2 week Costa Rican/Panama vacay!! But I do agree with the earlier post, they need to have more breakfast food. Both mornings I got there before the posted end time for breakfast, and there was nothing left but juice. That was a bummer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our waterfront paradise is on the island, Isla Carenero. The resort now encompasses 6 1/2 acres of lush, tropical landscaping and over 600 feet of waterfront. Our backyard is verdant rain forest. We sit on a point facing west, which captures the refreshing Caribbean breeze and offers up fabulous sunsets. We are just a two minute boat ride across the bay to Bocas Town. We enjoy the convenience of close proximity to town, yet are removed from the hub hub, noise, pavement, cars and heat, while on our own tropical island.The resort is peaceful and quiet. We have hummingbird feeders throughout. Many different birds, including parrots can be heard singing and conversing in the trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Careening Cay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Careening Cay Hotel Carenero Island
- Careening Cay Resort Panama/Carenero Island, Bocas Del Toro