“Loved this place!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Oasis

You added Hotel Oasis to your Saves list
Hotel Oasis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carenero Island, Carenero Island 323232, Panama (Formerly Los Balcones Bocas)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carenero Island
Big Bear Lake, California
“Loved this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was the most unique and relaxing place I stayed on my Costa Rica/Panama trip. I could sit in the common areas for hours on end and feel so content. I guess part of that is the feeling of being practically surrounded by water. The owners went above and beyond in providing personalized service and are just very nice people. Food is good (although it would have been nice to have some fruit at breakfast) and the room was fine. Very inexpensive to have laundry done. Super quick to take a $1 boat taxi to the main island and many good restaurants, but the one on this island was really good too (Bibi's on the Beach). It does rain there a lot, so be prepared. Josh was an excellent tour guide and went with him to Dolphin Bay (where there were many dolphins) and Red Frog Beach, which was beautiful.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Elysium816
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. You are a person who travels a lot and therefore we are very happy that you feel good in our modest hotel.
A big hug and hope to see you around here.
regards

Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I agree with the reviews that the owners are very nice. However, the hotel is in need of upgrades. Our four people room was small, dark and with a small window facing waste containers. Based on satellite images we expected being able to walk on Carenero island but the place was locked up and we were discouraged from walking. Only way out is by boat. Finally, the owners smoke cigarettes and allow people to smoke in the common area around the bar - it stinks cigarettes everywhere unfortunately. Sorry to say, but I would not recommend the place to families. It is OK for lone smoking people on a budget.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
6 Thank CezaryWojcik
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, we are improving day by day our work and our constant attention to our clients, advising them on all issues pertaining to the area. We also try to have the least possible bans for our clients, within the law, but warmly serve all requirements and resolve immediately. We try to make happy, to all customers by different they can be.
Thank you very much for your stay.
regards
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had an amazing experience at Hotel Oasis. I stayed for 11 days and José and Maira are amazing hosts and really make you feel like you´re part of a family. The rooms are clean, there is great air-conditioning, hot water and wi-fi. I chose to stay here because it´s away from the bustle and partying of Isla Colón, but if that´s what you want, it´s just a minute a way by water taxi. They also have a great guide, Joshua, that works with them and offers the best tours on the island. I highly recommend this hotel.

Tuve una experiencia excelente en el Hotel Oasis. Me quedé por once días y José y Maria son unos anfitriones excelentes que te hacen sentir como estuvieras parte de una familia. Las habitaciones son limpias, hay buen aire acondicionado, agua caliente y wi fi. Decidí quedarme aquí porque está alejado del ambiente de fiesta de la Isla Colón, pero si esto es lo que quieres, está a sólo un minuto en taxi. Además tienen un guía, Joshua, que trabaja con ellos y ofrece los mejores tours de la isla.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brooke w
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the best parts of my visit to Panama was my time in Bocas del Toro. Part of that reason was the stay at this hotel. The owners are really nice and helpful. The food they offer is delicious.Jose and Maira made us some really great dishes. After reading a review on here of the paella I had to have it. Having traveled all over Spain and loving Spanish food it was a must do. It was fantastic.

The hotel is comfortable and the open air lobby lounge is perfect for kicking back in a hammock relaxing and enjoying a cold beer. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have cold air conditioning which made my husband happy.

This would be a great hotel if traveling as a group or with friends. It's a quick taxi to Bocas Town or any of the other islands. If I go back to Bocas I'm going to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank evarenee
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello friends, thank you very much for your comment. I am glad that you liked our hotel and our food. I hope to see you soon. A big hug.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great for couples or friends travelling together. The rooms are very large with great air conditioning. The bar overlooking the water is very chilled. Jose and Maira are wonderful hosts and Jose's paella must not be missed. Highly recommend for somewhere that you can both access, or retreat from, the young nightlife of Bocas.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Meg3108
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and I'm glad you like our hotel. Also I'm glad you like our food. A big hug until forever
Boquete, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

very good value, convenient, and the owners really aim to please. Away from the noise but close enough should you want to get to the town (about 1 minute via water taxi) The next time I go to Bocas I certainly will make this my number 1 place to stay. A pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad you had a good time at my hotel, and I'm glad that I parezaca well located. I hope to see you soon. A hug
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

By far best hotel in Bocas. Owners are fantastic and highly recommend you eat at the restaurant there as they home cook all food. try the paella! rooms great & clean. beer ice cold and cheap. if I go back I'm staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MrVanPeebles
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad you had a good time at my hotel, and I'm glad that you liked our food. I hope to see you soon. A hug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carenero Island
Koko Resort
Koko Resort
#2 of 22 in Isla Colon
4.5 of 5 stars 272 reviews

Been to Hotel Oasis? Share your experiences!