“A wonderful getaway, good value and great people” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel Oasis to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Hotel Oasis
Carenero Island, Carenero Island 323232, Panama (Formerly Los Balcones Bocas)   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Carenero Island
Baltimore, Maryland
“A wonderful getaway, good value and great people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had an amazing experience at Hotel Oasis. I stayed for 11 days and José and Maira are amazing hosts and really make you feel like you´re part of a family. The rooms are clean, there is great air-conditioning, hot water and wi-fi. I chose to stay here because it´s away from the bustle and partying of Isla Colón, but if that´s what you want, it´s just a minute a way by water taxi. They also have a great guide, Joshua, that works with them and offers the best tours on the island. I highly recommend this hotel.

Tuve una experiencia excelente en el Hotel Oasis. Me quedé por once días y José y Maria son unos anfitriones excelentes que te hacen sentir como estuvieras parte de una familia. Las habitaciones son limpias, hay buen aire acondicionado, agua caliente y wi fi. Decidí quedarme aquí porque está alejado del ambiente de fiesta de la Isla Colón, pero si esto es lo que quieres, está a sólo un minuto en taxi. Además tienen un guía, Joshua, que trabaja con ellos y ofrece los mejores tours de la isla.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, and we miss you. It was very nice to serve you and hope you have a nice trip back home.
People like you inspire us to keep working harder.
A kiss and a big hug

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

One of the best parts of my visit to Panama was my time in Bocas del Toro. Part of that reason was the stay at this hotel. The owners are really nice and helpful. The food they offer is delicious.Jose and Maira made us some really great dishes. After reading a review on here of the paella I had to have it. Having traveled all over Spain and loving Spanish food it was a must do. It was fantastic.

The hotel is comfortable and the open air lobby lounge is perfect for kicking back in a hammock relaxing and enjoying a cold beer. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. They have cold air conditioning which made my husband happy.

This would be a great hotel if traveling as a group or with friends. It's a quick taxi to Bocas Town or any of the other islands. If I go back to Bocas I'm going to stay here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Hello friends, thank you very much for your comment. I am glad that you liked our hotel and our food. I hope to see you soon. A big hug.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Great for couples or friends travelling together. The rooms are very large with great air conditioning. The bar overlooking the water is very chilled. Jose and Maira are wonderful hosts and Jose's paella must not be missed. Highly recommend for somewhere that you can both access, or retreat from, the young nightlife of Bocas.

• Stayed June 2013
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments and I'm glad you like our hotel. Also I'm glad you like our food. A big hug until forever
Boquete, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

very good value, convenient, and the owners really aim to please. Away from the noise but close enough should you want to get to the town (about 1 minute via water taxi) The next time I go to Bocas I certainly will make this my number 1 place to stay. A pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad you had a good time at my hotel, and I'm glad that I parezaca well located. I hope to see you soon. A hug
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

By far best hotel in Bocas. Owners are fantastic and highly recommend you eat at the restaurant there as they home cook all food. try the paella! rooms great & clean. beer ice cold and cheap. if I go back I'm staying here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, I'm glad you had a good time at my hotel, and I'm glad that you liked our food. I hope to see you soon. A hug
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

After booking another hotel in Bocas and running away from it, we found this little piece of paradise! The location is perfect, you have the best of everything, the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The views from the dock are like those seen in postcards and the food... oh my God! you really should order a 'paella', Jose, the owner is Spanish so if you fancy good meals you should totally go there! Both Jose and Maira treated us as we were family, helping us with everything we needed at any time. Our stay in this hotel was probably one of the best things of our holidays! The talks, the dancing (Thank you Maira for teaching me how to dance 'Merengue', I will remember it next time I have an oportunity to show off)... they even lent me a fishing rod!!
The place is new and they work really hard to make everyone happy. We will return someday! Thank you very much for everything!
Oasis is more than a hotel, it's a little home in paradise!

Room Tip: All of them
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. I'm glad you changed your hotel and your vacation've been with us. It was fun having you here. I hope your return home was quiet.
A hug and always friends.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hotel Oasis for 5 nights in May and had the best time! The hotel is located in a great location, on a quieter island in Bocas right out over the water, but still only a 2 minute (and $1) water taxi ride away from the main island, Isla Colon. Some of the bars on Isla Colon play music very loud until the early hours of the morning so it was great to be a little further away.

Jose & his girlfriend, the owners of the hotel, were very welcoming! They gave us lots of advise on great places to go and day trips to take in Bocas and were quick to answer any of our questions. They even let us borrow their fishing rode so we could fish off the jetty outside the hotel.

The rooms were very spacious, clean and comfortable. After a long day in the sun it was so nice to come back to a clean airconditioned room and take a nice long hot shower.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Bocas!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments. Glad to have customers like you. I hope your trip back home was pleasant and seamless.
A big hug friends, until forever.

Been to Hotel Oasis? Share your experiences!