“A genuine Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Oasis

You added Hotel Oasis to your Saves list
Hotel Oasis
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Carenero Island, Carenero Island 323232, Panama (Formerly Los Balcones Bocas)   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carenero Island
Brighton, United Kingdom
“A genuine Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Writing a good review about Hotel Oasis is going to be easy. I can't think of a single bad thing I can say.
To set the scene we initially had a very poor night in a Bocas hostel and immediately searched for a new place to stay for our remaining two nights. We found Oasis from the good reviews and were happy to get a room. On arrival Jose and Mira welcomed us and we headed straight into the lovely open bar/dining area that gets a nice breeze running through it and enjoyed a beer on the jetty in the sun. From that point we knew we were going to enjoy our time here.
We found it nice to be situated on the slightly quieter Carenero Island. From here Bocas Town is only a couple of hundred metres away in a $1 boat taxi.
The room was extremely spacious with good AC and a excellent shower. The breakfast was a nice plate of eggs to order with toast and the ever handy coffee dispenser for a good couple of cups to get the day going.
Above and beyond the hotel itself what really makes this place special are the welcoming hosts. At one point Jose even directed us to a lovely beach in Bocas del Drago, the photos were stunning and it was great to see something different to the constantly touted Red Frog beach. In the end we actually stayed for a third night because we were having such a good time. When it came time to leave we got a big hug from our amazing hosts and I can genuinely say we were a bit sad to go.
Hotel Oasis you made our Panama trip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much friend, your comments are lovely. I'm glad you enjoyed my hotel, it was a pleasure atenderos, and your fine education is obvious.
I look forward to seeing you again, and mention to how things go around here, I insist that it was a pleasure atenderos.
A big hug and forever friends.
PS, I also hope that my English for the next time has improved ...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Wow!! How welcoming the manager made my friends, family and myself feel. I would defianatly recommend that anyone looking for a place to relax and close to local beaches stay in this hohtel. The rooms were very clean, the staff very welcoming and the accomadating without the over exspense of other places to stay on the islands.

Room Tip: Rooms to the right do not have the locals daily life to view. If you are into culture and want to ex...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, I hope your trip back was pleasant and do not forget that you have a new friend here for anything you need.
A big hug
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The rooms have air conditioning and hot water. The bar is on the water, the beer is cheap, and the food is good. Jose and his girlfriend are some of the nicest people in the world. They helped me negotiate with the taxi drivers and recommended places to go. I will definitely stay here next time I am in Bocas del Toro.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your comments, it helps us a lot in our daily work. I hope it's true that you can return and enjoy more with surfing.
A hug friend.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Jose the owner and his wonderful wife made our entire trip. The Hotel is clean and quiet, breakfast is included and the Bar is always open! Very friendly and knowledgeable about where to go and how to get there. Will stay there again when we go back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Thank you very much for your comment, it was a pleasure to serve. I hope when you get back, hopefully soon.
A big hug.
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I had a great time and stayed the entire month of January at Oasis over the Sea Hotel. (formerly Los Balcones). The hotel is very nice and has best views and best breezes. I checked out many other hotels on Carenero and Colon and was always glad to return to Oasis at the end of the day after a walk around the islands. I was very pleased with the rooms. Rooms are very large, well furnished, and bathroom with excellent hot water was great. The Hotel has large dinning, lounge, and bar area with kitchen near at hand. Food was very good and reasonably priced. If you want to get away for some quiet reading time, there is a nice lounge area at rear of hotel complete with some used paperbacks that visitors have left for others to read. The Hotel is built out over the water and has great views from the lounge\dinning\bar area. Out the back door is access to foot paths around Isla Carenero. Transportation to other islands is via water taxi boat at $1 US one way and Isla Colon is a stones throw away from Carenero.
I feel this hotel is best location as it is on the quieter Island of Carenero but just a few minutes by boat to Colon.
Jose the new manager is a great host and during my last 2 weeks I can see that he and his wife will continue to provide great services to guests and they will be making some additions to menu and services to improve upon an already great place to stay. Best of Luck to both of you in your new hotel adventure.

Tom Linder
www.CountrySideNet.com

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Jose R, Gerente at Hotel Oasis, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you very much my friend, was a pleasure to serve you and you know that this is your home forever. Thank you very much for your wishes, I also wish that it may go well with your loved ones. A big hug.
Jackson, Wyoming, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Everyone that works here made our trip so much more amazing. The rooms were HUGE, CLEAN and had AC. We had a room for 4 days, and ended up staying for 3 more. We will never forget our stay and will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We went there about one month ago, we did not have booked the hotel in advances and a local person recommend us this hotel as the best one and in fact he was right, we looked for some places in the area before looking at the Balcones but the local person was right the best one was Los Balcones, is near the main Island, Colon and also is in a quiet island close to everything, the place is clean, beautiful and you should not miss the Mexican's nights, they have the best Piña Coladas :O).

The service we receive was very nice and Linda was lovely. My husband and I work in the Turism industies and we would recomend this place to anyone is looking for a quiet place.

Thank you linda for your host and we hope see you soon

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Oasis? Share your experiences!