We got married on palm island on 8th April 2008.
i've been trying to think since then what to put on this site.
from stepping on to upper class with virgin this was going to be 5* holiday! getting the little 20 seater plan over to union island i felt like a rock star and the view from the window was out of this world. Its about 45min flight then a 10min boat trip over to the island.
from stepping onto the jetty all of the staff could not do enough for us from keeping my wedding dress until the big day and bringing lunch to us in the room. I felt sorry for the other guest as we were treated so well. On the day of the wedding all i can say is "a beach with 4 people, father Frank and 1 steel pan not a sun bed in sight and no other people around - perfect".
we was then given FREE use of the villa for the afternoon to drink champagne and have a dip in the pool!!!!! (tip - buy or take some champagne with you)
I thought my dream day could not get any better but it did when we sat down for dinner in the evening and was told you're at the wrong table only to see that we had been set a table under the star's on the beach!
i can see why people go back to palm island. We will as my husband lost his wedding ring in the sea! (within 24hrs) - he needs to get the snorkel out again and search for it.
ALL THE STAFF were great. All they could say was "its your holiday what ever you want we will do" from cheese on toast at 10pm to me coming up with the idea of having dinner on the jetty - thank you Mr Henry for doing that and not thinking that i'm to mad with coming up with the idea. The room was very cool and nice to wake up with the sound of the sea. Spent many a day round the pool with no one in sight. you could go all day and see no one only at dinner, most people went to bed by 10pm. Another tip - Find jacko when he's working nights and get him to show you the sting rays that swim around the jetty, go and see veronica at the spa. She's very good at eye's and get Johnny the bar man to make you a BLUE MOVIE (if he can remember how to still make it)
thank you to all the staff for making my wedding a dream if you are going to palm island soon i hope you have as much fun as we did.
I must add a big thank you to Ecko the restaurant manager. You were fantastic and made everything on the wedding day perfect - thank you so much.
If you can pop over to st Vincent for the day and get andrew the taxi driver to show you around - speak to the someone at reception that can organise it for you.
One last thing - you must visit the tobago keys. it's a quick visit but well worth it. you will swim with some of the most beautiful fish, rays and even sea turtles. If you like to snorkel you will love this. tip - take an under water camera (you can buy one from the shop on the island).
This island is the most unbelievable place - it really did feel like paradise.
Thank you and we will see you again.
Angeline & Simon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Splendia, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island