Previous, more recent reviews, are informative and give plenty of detail about his lovely resort.
We love smaller hotels and the 40 or so rooms ensure you miss the mass tourism market. The rooms are well spaced out and the beach front room suited us perfectly - spacious, comfortable bed and fantastic views. We appreciate good, varied food and drink. The variety and quality were very good - amongst the best we have had in the Caribbean.
The staff are amazing - everyone greeted you with a smile and were prepared to talk to you - we love engaging with local people. Horace, the general manager, greets you on arrival and engages with guests everyday. Our housekeeper, Margaret, was lovely - such a warm smile and always left our room spotless. Particular mention of Grafton in the dining area - another friendly, helpful guy. Thanks to you all for being so nice and genuine. Loved the Iguanas visiting at lunch time and the water pistols skilfully handled by the staff to stop the birds becoming a pest. Incidentally plenty of birdlife to watch.
Our fellow guests were of a varied age range and mainly British, American or Canadian. A pleasant ambience prevailed at pre-dinner drinks around the bar. Entertainment was occasional, low key and enjoyable. The spontaneous "Palm Island's got Talent" show deserves special mention - it was in response to the disappointment of the cancelled full moon party on Union Island the night before - well done to all who participated.
Adequate sporting and recreational facilities, swimming, walking and cycling sorted the more physical moments - but a relaxing read on the wonderful beach was our favourite. Oh - with the exception of the trip to the Tobago Cays with Captain Yannis - great crew - and the most wonderful opportunity to swim with Turtles. Stunning.
Although the journey via Barbados was a little lengthy transiting was no problem thanks to the island's representative who greets you before the arrival hall and ensures you are fully informed. Part of the fun of the holiday.
The Grenadines are a wonderful part of the Caribbean and Palm Island is a very special resort. Do go - we would certainly return.
Finally - thanks to Cedric for his help - my wife and I are really grateful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Island Resort & Spa is a spectacular 135-acre private island resort in the heart of the Grenadines. All-Inclusive. Perfect for couples, honeymooners, and weddings. Incredible white sand beaches surrounded by brilliant turquoise waters. This dreamy, romantic resort offers a true escape from everyday life. Freshwater swimming pool with waterfall, relaxing spa offering massage and beauty treatments, wide array of water sports, Scuba diving, beachfront dining, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Palm Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Island Hotel St. Vincent And The Grenadines
- Palm Island Grenadines
- Palm Island Resort & Spa St. Vincent And The Grenadines/Union Island