We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

Which Radolfzell am Bodensee hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Altoona...
reviews: 6
Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

We'll be traveling this year at the end of April through the first week in May. Newark is the closest airport but I'd like recommendations on the best airports for getting to and from Radolfzell Germany. .....price, best days to travel (and purchase air fare) etc. I'm not an international traveler so any tips would be appreciated. 2 adults only will be traveling and 1 of us is quite familiar with Germany. Thank you all in advance.

5 replies to this topic
Inchicore, Dublin...
1. Re: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

Hi,

for Radolfzell check for flights either to Zürich or Frankfurt. Zürich is the closest option but it might be easier to find cheap flights for Frankfurt. Several flight companies to Frankfurt offer the "rail and fly" ticket, that means you have got a flexible train ticket from Frankfurt airport to your final destination whereever in Germany at about 58 € for two persons, however prices vary with each company.

Holger

Mainz, Germany
reviews: 43
2. Re: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

Zurich is the closest international airport, Stuttgart the next closest option.

Altoona...
3. Re: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

Is the Discover/Diners Club widely accepted in this area? They seem to have the most favorable foreign transaction fee policy.

Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
4. Re: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

No. If credit cards are accepted at all these are in first place MasterCard and VISA. With American Express on a distant 3rd place. Acceptance of Diners Club is rather exotic. Albeit DB (German Rail) accepts them.

bahn.com/i/…payment_by_credit_card.shtml

Altoona...
5. Re: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May

Thank you. Diners Club International is Discover so maybe I'll find a few vendors accepting businesses. Do you know how I might get the most favorable exchange rates, avoid fees, security, convenience etc. thank you in advance.

Reply to: Travel from Newark NJ area to Radolfzell Germany April/May
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Radolfzell am Bodensee